Now you can have your cake…and your cocktail too! With this Boozy Strawberry Milkshake, no need to pick between something yummy and something yummier. Not with this divine dessert in a glass! The thick strawberry milkshake is paired with delicate angel food cake and spiked with dreamy cake vodka.
Spiked, or “adult” milkshakes are all the rage these days everywhere from coffee houses to sports bars, with folks indulging in a childhood favorite while enjoying the benefits of being over 21. But they’re just as easy to whip up at home. So whether you’re wanting to wow the gals at the next book club or surprise your man with a romantic evening in, this frozen treat is just the ticket! Strawberries not your thing? Maybe try this Orange Dreamsicle Floatini or our rich Samoa Martini.
This is the best strawberry milkshake recipe around! And so simple. Here’s how to whip up a batch for yourself:
WHAT GOES IN A BOOZY STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE?
- Start with some decadent cake flavored vodka.
- Then you’ll want enough ice cream and milk to add just the right amount of volume. And don’t forget whipped cream for topping.
- Grab a handful of frozen strawberries, and a few fresh ones for garnish and finally…
- Light, airy angel food cake, cut into small chunks.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A BOOZY STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE?
- Combine ice cream, milk, vodka and strawberries in a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Add your diced angel food cake, and pulse to the consistency you like.
- Pour into milkshake glasses and top with fresh strawberries, more chunks of cake and whipped cream.
- Add a straw (or two) and enjoy!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE WITHOUT ICE CREAM?
- Of course! Just add a couple of cups of crushed ice in place of the ice cream. Blend and be amazed how creamy it looks and tastes.
If you like this strawberry liquor recipe, you’ll have to try this tantalizing Rose Sangria or flavorful Eggnog Martini. And if you really can’t get enough of cocktails that double as dessert, try this Peanut Butter Cup Martini, or this Boozy Shamrock Shake!
Boozy Strawberry Milkshake
With just a few ingredients you can make this amazing Boozy Strawberry Milkshake right at home!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup cake vodka
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups cut up angel food cake plus more for topping
- whipped cream for topping
- 2 fresh strawberries for topping
In a large blender mix together the vanilla ice cream, vodka, milk, frozen strawberries, and cut up cake.
Once completely blended, pour into two large milkshake glass or four small glasses.
Top with a slice of angel food cake, whip cream, and fresh strawberries.
This recipe first appeared on Real Housemoms where was a contributor.