Made with just honey and water, Honey Syrup is easy to make and a sweet addition to any cocktail. Unlike straight honey, honey syrup mixes well into cold cocktails. This recipe so tasty it will make bees jealous, this will become a staple when you’re the bartender!
While you can add this deliciousness to any cocktail recipe, some of our favorites are the Bees Knees, Vodka Collins, and Gold Rush Cocktail.
Honey Syrup Recipe
Making honey syrup requires boiling equal parts of honey and water. Though there are some versions that do a 2 to 1 ratio of honey to water depending on the variety and strength of honey used, we stick with the 1 to 1 ratio for our cocktails.
Simply combine the water and honey in a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, until the honey has completely dissolved and the syrup and thickened. This usually takes about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Once cooled completely, it is ready for all of your cocktails!
How to Make Honey Syrup
- Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil
- Continue to simmer, stirring often, until the honey is dissolved and mixture has slightly thickened, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely
- Add to your favorite cocktails and enjoy!
How Do You Store Honey Simple Syrup?
Honey syrup has a good shelf life. Honey syrup that is a one to one ratio (as is described here) has a one month shelf life if stored in a clean airtight container in the refrigerator. Syrup that is a 2 to 1 ratio has a six week shelf life if stored in a clean airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine the water and the honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, until the honey has completely dissolved and the syrup has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Use in all your cocktails and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Leave A Comment