For the BEST margarita recipe, look no further! This refreshing classic comes together with only three ingredients so you’ll be in Margaritaville in no time. It’s easy to make a single drink or a pitcher in a matter of minutes. Tart, sweet, and the kick of tequila check all the boxes when it comes to a delicious cocktail. So grab your tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix and let’s get to it!
While there are many variations and flavors of margaritas, nothing being the classic original. While many restaurants serve margaritas that are overly sugary and watered down, you’ll prefer this fresh version!
The only things you need for this easy and delicious recipe are good tequila (I’m partial to Jose Cuervo Silver), triple sec, and sweet and sour mix (we prefer this homemade Margarita mix). Simply combine ingredients in a glass rimmed with salt and filled with ice, stir gently and enjoy!
How to Make a Margarita
- Prep your glass by running a fresh lime wedge around the rim and dipping it in kosher salt.
- Add ice to your glass followed by about an ounce and a half of tequila and sweet and sour mix, and 3/4 ounce triple sec.
- Stir gently and finish the presentation by adding a lime wedge.
How to Salt a Rim
The salted rim of a margarita glass is a classic touch and pairs perfectly with the tartness of the cocktail. Using a lime wedge, run it around the rim of the glass and then dip the rim in kosher salt.
How to Serve
A margarita can be served on the rocks, over ice or blended with ice in a blender. Serve in a margarita glass or small tumbler with a salted rim and a lime wedge garnish. We love that this recipe can make a single margarita or a whole pitcher. It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Other Fun Cocktails
Pitcher (6 Margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 1/4 cup sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet and sour mix
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- Mix together the tequila, triple sec and sweet and sour mix in a large pitcher and serve over ice.
- Pour the tequila, triple sec and sweet and sour mix over ice and stir gently.