We know what to do when life gives us lemons. But when it throws us some strawberries, grab your blender and mix up a batch of this sublimely sweet and simple Strawberry Margarita! It requires only four ingredients and is perfect for Cinco De Mayo or a summer day.
For something a little more fruity than a classic margarita, this strawberry margarita is the perfect amount of sweet, boozy, and refreshing! It comes together in minutes and will be a recipe you’ll want to keep handy all summer long. For a brunch beverage, sip on these Mimosa Margaritas.
Strawberry Frozen Margarita Recipe
This crowd-pleasing cocktail comes together with just a few ingredients. My homemade Sweet and Sour Mix blends beautifully with the sweet strawberries while the kick of tequila doesn’t let you forget it’s a margarita. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A batch of Sweet and Sour Mix. It’s quick to whip up and can be used in dozens of delicious recipes.
- Tequila! Good quality tequila is key to making a really great batch of margaritas.
- Triple sec or orange liqueur, whichever you prefer This Blood Orange Margarita recipe is a good one too!
- Frozen strawberries. If you have fresh berries on hand, by all means toss them in! Just add a few ice cubes for a frozen texture.
How to Make a Strawberry Margarita
For a great big pitcher of this margarita recipe (and trust me, you’ll want a big batch) mix your good quality tequila, a cup or so of the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix, a half cup of triple sec or orange liqueur and about half a dozen cups of frozen strawberries in a blender. Mix until smooth and serve in a sugar rimmed glass immediately. On the rocks or frozen, this refreshing margarita will be a summertime favorite long past Cinco de Mayo!
How to Serve
Since this drink is frozen, its best to serve immediately. The sugared rim provides a little extra sweetness with each sip and a fresh strawberry makes the perfect garnish and compliments the beautiful red hue of the cocktail.
Other Margarita Recipes
This sublimely sweet and simple Strawberry Margarita requires only four ingredients and is the perfect balance of boozy and refreshing.
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce good quality tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce homemade sweet and sour mix (find the link in the recipe and notes)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
For a Pitcher of Margaritas (six margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup good quality tequila
- 1 1/4 cup homemade sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 6 cups frozen strawberries
Add the sweet and sour mix, tequila, orange liqueur, and frozen strawberries to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Using corn syrup, gently coat the rims of the glasses. Dip the coated rims into sugar. Fill glasses with strawberry margaritas and enjoy!