We know what to do when life gives us lemons. But when it throws us some strawberries, grab your blender and mix up a batch of this sublimely sweet and simple Strawberry Margarita! It requires only four ingredients and is perfect for Cinco De Mayo or a summer day.
For something a little more fruity than a classic margarita, this strawberry margarita is the perfect amount of sweet, boozy, and refreshing! It comes together in minutes and will be a recipe you’ll want to keep handy all summer long. For a brunch beverage, sip on these Mimosa Margaritas.
Strawberry Frozen Margarita Recipe
This crowd-pleasing cocktail comes together with just a few ingredients. My homemade Sweet and Sour Mix blends beautifully with the sweet strawberries while the kick of tequila doesn’t let you forget it’s a margarita. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A batch of Sweet and Sour Mix. It’s quick to whip up and can be used in dozens of delicious recipes.
- Tequila! Good quality tequila is key to making a really great batch of margaritas.
- Triple sec or orange liqueur, whichever you prefer This Blood Orange Margarita recipe is a good one too!
- Frozen strawberries. If you have fresh berries on hand, by all means toss them in! Just add a few ice cubes for a frozen texture.
How to Make a Strawberry Margarita
For a great big pitcher of this margarita recipe (and trust me, you’ll want a big batch) mix your good quality tequila, a cup or so of the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix, a half cup of triple sec or orange liqueur and about half a dozen cups of frozen strawberries in a blender. Mix until smooth and serve in a sugar rimmed glass immediately. On the rocks or frozen, this refreshing margarita will be a summertime favorite long past Cinco de Mayo!
How to Serve
Since this drink is frozen, its best to serve immediately. The sugared rim provides a little extra sweetness with each sip and a fresh strawberry makes the perfect garnish and compliments the beautiful red hue of the cocktail.
Other Margarita Recipes
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce good quality tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce homemade sweet and sour mix (find the link in the recipe and notes)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
For a Pitcher of Margaritas (six margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup good quality tequila
- 1 1/4 cup homemade sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 6 cups frozen strawberries
- Add the sweet and sour mix, tequila, orange liqueur, and frozen strawberries to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Using corn syrup, gently coat the rims of the glasses. Dip the coated rims into sugar. Fill glasses with strawberry margaritas and enjoy!