Hello, sweet summertime! In a glass that is. Pineapple Margarita tops the chart for my favorite cocktail in the summer, or when I want to feel like I’m on vacation. Sweet, fresh, and icy cold, this Pineapple Margarita recipe combines the elements of a delicious margarita with sweet, rejuvenating pineapple and will make you feel like you are relaxing on a beach with your toes in the sand. It’ll be five o’clock wherever you are with this Pineapple Margarita in hand!
Let your hair down with this vacation in a glass, no boarding pass required! The Pineapple Margarita combines all of the best refreshing elements: tart, sweet, cold, and smooth. With just a few ingredients, using good quality tequila is crucial in making this cocktail one you’ll come back to often. Let the blender do the work and enjoy a recipe you’ll want to keep handy!
How to Make a Pineapple Margarita
- Add sweet and sour mix, good quality tequila, orange liqueur, and frozen pineapple to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Coat the rim of your glass with corn syrup
- Dip the coated rims into sugar
- Fill glasses with pineapple margarita and enjoy!
Pineapple Margarita Pitcher Recipe
Making Pineapple Margaritas for a crowd? Its easy to make a pitcher!
Simply mix your good quality tequila, a cup or so of the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix, a half cup of triple sec or orange liqueur, and about half a dozen cups of frozen pineapple in a blender. Mix until smooth and serve in sugar-rimmed glasses immediately. This refreshing margarita is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
How to Serve
We love to serve Pineapple Margaritas in margarita glasses, which provide some aesthetic flair. While salt is commonly used to coat the rim of a glass for a margarita, rimming the glass with sugar for a pineapple margarita provides a sweet touch with every drink that pairs perfectly with the tart pineapple and tequila. A pineapple wedge garnish is optional, but oh so cute!
Other Fun Drinks
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce good quality tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce homemade sweet and sour mix (find the link in the recipe and notes)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
For a Pitcher of Margaritas (six margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup good quality tequila
- 1 1/4 cup homemade sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 6 cups frozen pineapple
- Add the sweet and sour mix, tequila, orange liqueur, and frozen pineapple to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Using corn syrup, gently coat the rims of the glasses. Dip the coated rims into sugar. Fill glasses with pineapple margaritas and enjoy!