When life gives you lemons, use them to make a martini! The tantalizing tartness of this yummy cocktail is sure to become a favorite. With only three ingredients this cocktail comes together in a snap. It’s so refreshing and cold, a perfect balance of sweet and sour!
A Lemon Drop Martini is perfect to enjoy any night of the week. While a martini always looks and sounds fancy, its not short of flavor and is so simple to make! A fun and fruity twist on the classic Dirty Martini Recipe.
Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
All you need is some good quality vodka, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. The key to making the perfect Lemon Drop Martini is balancing the sour and sweet. Do this by using my delicious simple syrup recipe for this cocktail. And make sure you’re using fresh lemon juice. Like, from an actual lemon. Tip: roll your lemons on the counter for a couple of seconds to release the juices before cutting.
How to Make a Lemon Drop Martini
- To prep your martini glass, rub a lemon wedge along the rim and dip into sugar.
- In a shaker full of ice, combine a couple of ounces of vodka with an ounce of simple syrup.
- Squeeze the juice of about half a lemon into the mixture, making sure to remove any stray seeds or pulp.
- Shake, shake, shake! The longer you shake, the colder the cocktail will get, and this one is very best served ice cold.
- Pour into your sugar-rimmed martini glass. Cheers to all things lemon!
How to Rim a Glass With Sugar
Rub a lemon wedge along the rim of your glass and dip the rim into a shallow plate or shallow bowl of sugar. Roll the wet-rimmed glass at about a 45-degree angle to the plate and slowly turn to fully coat the rim. Shake off any excess sugar into the sink or garbage and you are set.
How to Serve
Since a Lemon Drop Martini is shaken with ice, it’s best served immediately while it is ice cold. A martini glass houses the cocktail perfectly, while any small glass tumbler would do. We love the rim the glass with sugar to add a little extra sweetness with each sip. Topping the cocktail with a lemon twist makes the perfect garnish- adding an aesthetically pleasing pop of color and texture.
This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about half a lemon. strained to remove seeds and pulp
- extra lemon for garnish and rimming the glass
- sugar for garnishing the glass
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of a martini glass. Dip the glass in sugar.
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup to the martini shaker. Shake to combine.
- Pour into the prepared glass.