A really good margarita mix is the base of a really good margarita. This homemade margartia mix is so easy and only requires a few simple ingredients + 5 minutes of your time. It will make your margaritas so much more fresh and delicious! With just some lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, and water, your neighbor will be happy to lend you a cup of sugar if they get a yummy margarita in return!
The simple ingredients of this recipe make the mix so much fresher than store bought mixes that can be syrupy and filled with additives. One of the best parts of this recipe is that it makes enough for a pitcher of margaritas and can be stored in the freezer to have handy for a later date, saving you time and money. This margarita mix will take your margaritas to the next level of freshness and from good to exquisite!
Margarita Mix Recipe
Sugar, lemon juice, and lime juice are all you’ll need for this easy-peasy recipe. Dissolve one cup of sugar into two cups of water on the stove top over medium heat. Once dissolved, pour into a jar and let cool to room temperature. When it has cooled, add 1/2 cup lime juice and 1/2 cup lemon juice to the jar. Next, grab the tequila and some triple sec because you are ready to make a margarita! The prepared mix can be stored in a sealed container for one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.
How to Make Margarita Mix
- In a saucepan, simmer sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved
- Pour mixture into a jar and let it cool to room temperature
- Once cool, add the lime juice and lemon juice to the jar
- That’s it! It’s ready for enjoy in a margarita or store for a later date
Make it Skinny Margarita Mix
A simple swap can make this margarita mix skinny. Instead of regular sugar, use stevia. Following the manufacture’s conversion for this recipe, instead of the cup sugar, use 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Stevia.
How to Make Margaritas with Mix
It can be as simple as just adding tequila + triple sec or fancy as making it blended and flavored! THIS is our favorite margarita recipe. For one margarita, combine 1 1/2 oz margarita mix, 1 1/2 oz tequila, and 3/4 oz triple sec over ice and stir gently for a margarita on the rocks, or combine in a blender and blend until smooth for a blended drink. To make a pitcher of margaritas, simply increase ingredients to 1 1/4 cup margarita mix, 1 1/4 cup tequila, and 1/2 cup triple sec. Try our Pineapple Margarita and Strawberry Margarita. Don’t forget to salt (or sugar) the rim!
Other Margarita Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice 5 – 7 small limes
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 2 medium lemons
- Simmer 1 cup of granulated sugar and 2 cups of water over medium heat until it is fully dissolved. Pour it into a jar and let it come to room temperature.
- Once cool add 1/2 cup of lime juice and 1/2 cup lemon juice to the jar.
- You can store it in a sealed container for a week or for up to a month in the freezer.