One margarita, two margarita, red margarita, BLUE MARGARITA! The addition of blue curacao gives a twist on a classic margarita with its citrusy orange flavor and of course, bright blue hue. This cocktail is tart and refreshing and super easy to make. Its invigorating flavor and ocean-tinted color really make it stand out, requiring only four ingredients and a cocktail shaker.
While the flavor is bittersweet, the raves from your guests (and your taste buds) will be all positive! This may just become your favorite margarita to date.
Blue Margarita Recipe
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for these yummy blue margaritas! You will need just shy of an ounce of blue curacao, 1 1/2 ounce of tequilla, an ounce of lemon juice, and half an ounce of simple syrup. You’ll also want some kosher salt to rim your glass and fresh lime slices for garnish.
How to Make a Blue Curacao Margarita
- Add blue curacao, tequilla, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice
- Shake vigorously until well mixed and chilled
- Rim your glass with salt by rubbing a slice of lime around the rim and then dipping the glass in a plate or shallow bowl of salt
- Strain the drink into your glass
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge and enjoy!
How to Serve
Like most margaritas, salt on the rim of the glass really compliments the flavor of the margarita. You can serve blue margaritas over ice in margarita glasses or any glass tumbler. Garnish with a lime wedge serve immediately.
Other Tasty Blue Curacao Cocktails
- 3/4 ounce blue curaçao
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounces lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Pour ice, blue curaçao, tequila, lemon juice and simple syrup into a shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Salt the rim of you glass with lime juice and salt.
- Strain the drink into your glass.
- Garnish and enjoy.