I really like my people. My kids, I mean. I was thinking about them as I wrote this post. Kiddos are like a good Amaretto Sour: a little sweet, a little sour, and a little nutty. This combination makes for some fun children, and a really great tasting cocktail!
Amaretto liqueur is one of those bar cart necessities. The rich, smooth almond flavor pairs beautifully with sweet and sour mix. Occasionally, the Amaretto Sour gets criticized for being too sweet. Not so with this recipe! Use my easy to make Sweet and Sour Mix and you’ll get that perfect Amaretto Sour flavor every time. Try this Amaretto Orange Bellini or this Mexican Sunset cocktail for more delicious Amaretto options.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A PERFECT AMARETTO SOUR COCKTAIL?
- First, make a batch of my simple Sweet and Sour Mix. It’s so easy to whip up and can be used in a million different cocktails. Try it in this Strawberry Margarita or Apple Whiskey Sour.
- Next, make sure you have a delicious Amaretto liqueur on hand. Some popular brands are Disaronno or Hiram Walker.
- Then some bubbly, refreshing lemon-lime soda. Any of your favorites will do; I’m partial to Sprite myself.
HOW DO MAKE AN AMARETTO SOUR DRINK:
- With just three ingredients, this is one of the easiest drinks to make! For one cocktail, combine equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix (about an ounce and a half of each).
- Add them to a glass filled with ice, then top to the brim with Sprite.
- This is the best Amaretto Sour recipe ever! You will love it! Almost as much as you love those nutty kids of yours.
This Amaretto Sour is the classic cocktail that you love! With only three ingredients, this amaretto sour recipe is so easy to make, it is bound to be your regular go to!
- 1 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet and sour mix
In a glass filled with ice, mix together equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix.
Top with sprite and enjoy!
You’ll also love: