A cocktail that is just as simple as it is sweet and delicious, the classic Amaretto Sour will be your new happy hour go-to! With only three ingredients, the rich, smooth almond flavor pairs beautifully with sweet and sour mix to create a cocktail that is easy to make and not too boozy!
Amaretto is an almond-flavored liqueur used in many cocktail recipes. The “secret sauce” that takes this recipe from good to great is the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix. It is surprisingly easy to make and just takes a few lemons and limes and a little bit of planning. Homemade Amaretto Liqueur is also easy to make. Use it in all of your favorite cocktails or package it up as a perfect homemade gift.
Sweet and Sour Mix
Amaretto Sour Ingredients
Three simple, common ingredients are all that make up the list of what’s in an amaretto sour cocktail.
- Amaretto. A sweet Italian liqueur with flavors of almond and subtle cherry undertones.
- Sweet and Sour Mix. Use store-bought mix or make your own with this easy homemade Sweet and Sour Mix recipe. It also stars in the best Margarita recipe!
- Sprite or another lemon-lime soda.
How to Make Amaretto Sour
This delicious Amaretto Sour recipe could not be more refreshing. The best part? It has just three simple steps:
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add equal parts of Amaretto and sweet and sour mix.
- Top with Sprite. I don’t measure here, I just add enough to fill the glass and add some carbonation. Enjoy!
For a citrusy twist, make an Amaretto Stone Sour!
Other Sweet and Sour Drinks
- 1 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet and sour mix
- In a glass filled with ice, mix together equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix.
- Top with sprite and enjoy!