A cocktail that is just as simple as it is sweet and delicious, the classic Amaretto Sour will be your new happy hour go-to! With only three ingredients, the rich, smooth almond flavor pairs beautifully with sweet and sour mix to create a cocktail that is easy to make and not too boozy!
Amaretto is an almond-flavored liqueur used in many cocktail recipes. The “secret sauce” to taking this recipe from good to great is the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix! It is surprisingly easy to make and just takes a few lemons and limes and a little bit of planning. Homemade Amaretto Liqueur is also easy to make! Use it in all of your favorite cocktails or package it up as a perfect homemade gift.
Amaretto Sour Recipe
Grab your three ingredients: Amaretto, sweet and sour mix, and Sprite. In a glass filled with ice, combine equal parts Amaretto and sweet and sour mix. Then top the glass with sprite. I don’t measure here, I just add enough to fill the glass and add some carbonation. An orange wedge and cherry make the perfect garnish.
How to Make Amaretto Sour
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice
- Add 1 1/2 ounce each of Amaretto and sweet and sour mix
- Top with Sprite and enjoy!
Other Sweet and Sour Drinks
- 1 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet and sour mix
- In a glass filled with ice, mix together equal parts amaretto liqueur and sweet and sour mix.
- Top with sprite and enjoy!