Flavors of apricot and apple brandy combine perfectly with the botanical notes of gin for the perfectly balanced Angel Face cocktail. With just three ingredients, you will love this elegant cocktail.
The Angel Face originated in the 1930s and is the perfect simple cocktail. Made with three spirits, this strong cocktail is perfectly balanced and the perfect slow sipper.
Angel Face Ingredients
Here is a little bit about the three ingredients that go into this cocktail. For the ingredient measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Gin: Use your favorite gin. Our go-to is Bombay Saphire for gin cocktails.
- Apricot brandy: For a slightly sweeter cocktail, use an apricot liqueur instead.
- Calvados: A brandy with notes of apple and pear. See more on this below.
What is Calvados?
Calvados is a French brandy made in Normandy. It is usually made with apples or pears, and there are often notes of apricot and baking spices.
How to Make an Angle Face Cocktail
A few quick steps will have you sipping this gin and brandy cocktail in no time! For the full recipe, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Add ingredients. Add the gin, brandy, and Calvados to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake it up. You want your cocktail to get nice and cold, and the ice will help to slightly dilute the booziness of this drink.
- Strain and serve. Strain into a coupe glass and enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve this cocktail in a coupe glass. Garnish with an orange peel for a hint of citrus if desired. Serve immediately while the cocktail is cold for best results.
Other Apple Brandy Cocktails
If you make this Angel Face cocktail, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
- 1 ounce Gin
- 1 ounce Apricot Brandy or Liqueur Use liqueur if want it a little sweeter
- 1 ounce Calvados
- Fill a shake with ice.
- Pour in all the ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.