Your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat is all grown up now! Made with vanilla ice cream and milk and then made boozy with vodka and creme de menthe, this boozy Shamrock Shake will bring back all those fond memories of childhood and is just as delicious as you remember!
This Boozy Shamrock Shake comes together so easily and is such a fun drink. Ice cream cocktails are some of my favorites, I had to keep myself from drinking it all before we were done with pictures.
There is a great bar in Milwaukee, Bryant’s, that makes all sorts of different of old-timey ice cream drinks. Every time we go I order a couple and they are always so good. But this boozed up version of the classic McDonald’s Shamrock Shake is so easy to make at home.
What is Creme de Menthe
Creme de Menthe is a sweet mint flavored alcohol. It can be green or clear, for this drink it does not matter since we are adding food coloring, but we used clear. It is about twenty five percent alcohol per volume, so not a strong drink or overpowering in the shake.
Modify Boozy Shamrock Shake
- If you do not have vanilla vodka you could substitute a half teaspoon of vanilla extract instead and just use regular vodka.
- If using green Creme de Menthe, you could use less food coloring or none depending on how green you want your drink.
Non-Alcohol Friendly Shake
This drink is easily modified to make it alcohol free. You would need to just add more milk, up to one cup to get the same consistency.
Other Drinks to Try
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce Creme de Menthe
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 9 drops green food coloring
- whipped cream
- 2 cherries
- Add the vanilla ice cream, vanilla vodka, creme de menthe, mint extract, green food coloring and half the milk to a blender and mix until blended. Add additional milk until you get the consistency you like.
- Pour into two small cups and garnish with whipped cream and cherries