The Bushwacker is a creamy frozen cocktail that is as easy to make as it is delicious. You will fall in love with the blend of chocolate and coffee liqueurs, rum, and coconut.
This Bushwacker frozen drink tastes like the delicious blend of a chocolate milkshake and a Pina Colada. This frozen rum cocktail is sweet, creamy, and sure to treat your sweet tooth.
Bushwacker Cocktail Ingredients
Just five main ingredients combine with ice to create this delicious frozen cocktail. For ingredient measurements and garnish options, scroll down to the recipe card.
- Dark rum: There are stronger flavors in this recipe than the rum, so no need to go with a top-shelf option. Use a mid-range rum that you enjoy the flavor of.
- Coffee liqueur: Kahlua is our go-to brand, which is also amazing in this Espresso Martini recipe.
- Dark creme de cacao: A sweet chocolate liqueur for this boozy milkshake. White creme de cacao would also work if that is what you have on hand.
- Cream of coconut: Adding a tropical touch to this cocktail, cream of coconut is a sweetened syrup. If you love coconut drinks, be sure to try our Coconut Margarita.
- Milk: You can use whatever milk your family drinks in this recipe, but a higher fat content milk will result in a creamier cocktail.
Cream of Coconut vs. Coconut Cream
Cream of coconut and coconut cream are not the same thing. Cream of coconut is a sweetened syrup made from coconut milk and is what you need for this recipe. Coconut cream is very thick and not sweetened.
Bushwacker Drink Recipe
This recipe comes together in the blender, making it as easy as it is delicious. For the full recipe for this boozy milkshake, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Add all ingredients to a blender with ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cocktail into a glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
How to Serve
This Bushwacker drink recipe tastes best when served right away so that it is nice and cold. We serve these in glass mugs so that your hand doesn’t get cold from holding the frozen cocktail, and so that the heat from your hand doesn’t melt it. I share the glasses we have below. You can serve your frozen bushwacker drink in any glass tumbler.
The garnishes for this recipe are all optional, but we think it really takes this dessert cocktail over the top. Here are our favorites are some whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and of course a cherry on top.
Other Dessert Cocktails
If you try this Bushwackers drink, leave a comment and let us know how you like it. We love hearing what you think of our recipes!
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce dark creme de cacao white could be used
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces milk
- 1 cup ice
- whip cream optional
- cherries optional
- shaved chocolate optional
- Pour all dark rum, Kahlua, dark creme de cacao, cream of coconut, milk, and ice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cherries, and shaved chocolate.
- Drink and enjoy.