This simple Irish Coffee Recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any morning you need a little pick me up. Delicious and simple, it is sure to bring luck to your day.
Irish Coffee is so simple to make, yet hits the spot in a big way. With sweet brown sugar, frothy whipped cream, and rich Irish whiskey, this coffee cocktail recipe is a delicious drink to whip up after a night of St. Patty’s Day celebration. Need another grown-up coffee fix? Try our tantalizing Adult Iced Coffee. Or top off your morning brew with this Irish Cream Coffee Creamer.
Irish Coffee Ingredients
You probably have most of the ingredients for this rich, warm drink in your kitchen right now. Gather the following ingredients for the best Irish Coffee recipe:
- Coffee: Freshly brewed is best for the tastiest drink. You can use decaf for a caffeine-free option.
- Irish whiskey: You can’t have Irish coffee without Irish whiskey! Jameson is our favorite Irish whiskey.
- Brown sugar
- Whipped cream: A delicious creamy garnish, homemade whipped topping is best but store-bought would also work for this recipe.
Homemade Whipped Cream
To make homemade whipped cream, put a metal bowl in your freezer for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes is up, add one tablespoon of sugar to the bowl. Then add one cup of heavy whipping cream. Whip with a handheld mixer on high until the cream thickens and forms peaks.
How to Make Irish Coffee
Grab a couple of your favorite mugs and get cozy for this delicious cocktail. Simple steps with flavors sure to warm you up, you will want to start or end every day with this great coffee recipe!
- Pour the coffee. Fill two mugs with freshly brewed coffee, leaving about an inch at the top for whipped cream.
- Add brown sugar and Irish whiskey. Stir until dissolved completely.
- Top with whipped cream. Cheers!
Irish Coffee Mugs
How to Serve
Serve your lucky coffee in your favorite mug. You can see the ones we love linked above. Top with whipped cream for a sweet, delicious treat. This cocktail tastes best when enjoyed hot, so drink up while it’s still warm for the best flavor.
If you try this Irish Coffee Recipe or any other cocktail recipe, leave a comment and tell us what you think. We love hearing from you!
- 16 ounces freshly brewed coffee
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large spoonfuls whipped cream see notes for how to make homemade whipped cream
- Fill two mugs with coffee.
- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to each mug.
- Stir one ounce of whiskey into each mug.
- Top with a large spoonful of homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!