Looking for a shot that is tart, sweet, and packs a punch? The search ends with this Lemon Drop Shot recipe! Potent yet delicious, my lips pucker just thinking about the tantalizing tartness!
Similar to a Lemon Drop Martini but served in shot form, it’s packed with boozy, lemony goodness! This recipe lets you make these fan-favorite shots at home whenever your heart desires.
Lemon Drop Shot Recipe
Fortunately, these shots only require three ingredients and a minute to make. You will need one ounce good quality vodka, 1/2 ounce of fresh lemon juice, and 1/2 ounce simple syrup. Some sugar for rimming the glass and extra lemon slices for garnish are a nice touch.
How to Make a Lemon Drop Shot
- To a shaker filled with ice, add the ingredients listed above
- Shake until icy cold
- Strain into a shot glass rimmed with sugar
- Garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy!
How to Rim a Glass With Sugar
These are so fun for a party, but you will want to make them look great. Here is how you rim the shot glasses with sugar.
- Rub a lemon wedge around the edges of your shot glasses.
- Dip it in a shallow plate with sugar.
Lemon Drop Shots For a Crowd
Doing shots alone is no fun! Make this for a group! The following will be enough for 8 shots. Obviously if there are only 6 of you, you will need to make two people do two. Obviously.
- 1 cup chilled vodka
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or 4 teaspoons sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine everything in a cocktail shaker and pour into 1 1/2 ounce shot glasses.
Make it Easier
If you don’t have simple syrup on hand and don’t feel like making it, replace the simple syrup with sugar. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the other ingredients, giving the cocktail a good shake in a cocktail shaker before pouring into the shot glasses.
Other Fun Shots
Lemon Drop Shot
- 1 ounce chilled vodka
- 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup or 1/2 an ounce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or 1/2 an ounce
- Rim a shot glass with sugar.
- Pour the vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice into a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into shot glass.
- Garnish with lemon and enjoy.