With May right around the corner, the two things on my mind are May flowers from these April showers AND Cinco De Mayo! And that means-you guessed it- margaritas! This Malibu Pineapple Margarita will be the perfect recipe to whip up to celebrate accordingly. Sweet, tart, and refreshing are just a few of the words that describe how yummy this blended drink is! This invigorating cocktail will keep your blender busy all summer long!
The blend of coconut, pineapple with the kick of a margarita that we all love will have you feeling like you have your toes in the sand on a beach in the Caribbean. Swapping tequila for coconut rum as the base spirit, this recipe is a must for all margarita lovers!
Malibu Pineapple Margarita Recipe
This Malibu Pineapple Margarita Recipe can be made for a single drink or a big pitcher. The ingredients needed are:
- Malibu or coconut rum
- Sweet and sour mix (this homemade recipe is my favorite!)
- Triple sec or orange liqueur
- Frozen pineapple (frozen is key to keep things icy, but fresh pineapple makes a great garnish)
Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into sugar-rimmed glasses and enjoy!
How to Make a Malibu Pineapple Margarita
The blender does the work for you with icy goodness! Add homemade Sweet and Sour Mix, coconut rum (I prefer Malibu), triple sec, and some frozen pineapple to your blender. Blend until smooth. Serve in sugar-rimmed glasses immediately. You can make just one Malibu Pineapple Margarita or a whole pitcher by upping the ingredients. It’s a tried and true crowd pleaser!
How to Serve
Rim your glass(es) with sugar by first gently coating the rim with corn syrup, dip the coated rim into a plate with sugar. Pour the blended margarita mixture into the rimmed glasses and serve immediately for optimal icy goodness! Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge.
Other Fun Drinks
Looking for a few more margarita ideas? Try these!
Malibu Pineapple Margarita
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce Malibu or coconut rum
- 1 1/2 ounce homemade sweet and sour mix
- 3/4 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
For a Pitcher of Margaritas(six)
- 1 1/4 cup Malibu or coconut rum
- 1 1/4 cup homemade sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 6 cups frozen pineapple
- Add the sweet and sour mix, rum, triple sec, and frozen pineapple to the blender. Blend until desired consistency
- Using corn syrup, gently coat the rims of your glass(es). Dip the coated rim into a plate with sugar.
- Pour the drink into your glasses, garnish and enjoy