This is, hands down, the BEST Pina Colada recipe because it is so simple. Throw out your Pina Colada Mix, because you only need three ingredients for this easy Pina Colada recipe. The flavor trifecta of pineapple, coconut, and rum just can’t be beat when it comes to feeling and tasting that tropical vibe.
It’s easy, sweet, and creamy… the perfect cocktail to sip while soaking in the summer sun or needing a dose of sunshine during those colder months. Grab your blender and kick your feet up!
Pina Coladas have long been the subject of song lyrics, movies, and even politics. It’s the national drink of Puerto Rico, after all. So whether you’re in need of two Pina Coladas (one for each hand, right Garth?) or ready to sip Pina Coladas while getting caught in the rain a la Rupert Holmes, this recipe is for YOU.
Frozen Pina Colada Recipe
This recipe is a total winner because it is only three ingredients and no added sweetener! This recipe makes two large cocktails, but it’s so easy to keep adding ingredients to keep the party going all summer long.
- Frozen pineapple. Because it uses frozen fruit rather than ice, the cocktail is smooth and frozen but won’t get watered down.
- Light rum. It is important to use light or white rum in this recipe as the flavor goes best with the other ingredients.
- Sweetened coconut milk. This is different than coconut cream so make sure to check your label.
How to Make a Pina Colada
- Combine ingredients. In a blender, combine three cups of frozen pineapple, about a cup and a half of sweetened coconut milk, and just under a cup of white rum.
- Blend. Blend ’em all up until smooth and serve.
It’ll mix up perfectly every time and can easily be doubled or tripled to entertain a crowd. A pineapple wedge and cherry make the perfect garnish.
Try these simple variations on the classic frozen Pina Colada recipe!
- Use strawberries instead of pineapple in this Strawberry Colada.
- Pina Colada Sangria is perfect for a crowd and can be made the night before.
- The perfect twist for vodka lovers, this Pina Colada Vodka Soda is so refreshing!
Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
To make this cocktail without alcohol, simply skip the rum and blend the frozen pineapple and sweetened coconut milk together until smooth. You may need to add a bit more sweetened coconut milk if mixture is too thick.
Other Tropical Drinks
If you try this cocktail recipe or any of my others, please leave a comment and tell me what you think.
- 3 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut milk like Coco Lopez
- 3/4 cup white rum
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Leave A Comment