We all love a good sunset. And when it’s a cocktail that includes Tequila, what could be better? The Tequila Sunset is fruity and refreshing with a subtle kick of tequila. The naturally occurring sunset effect is sure to impress!
If you love a good margarita or screwdriver, give this popular tequila cocktail a try. With orange juice, Tequila, and blackberry brandy, it’s easy on your palate and enjoyable any time of day.
Tequila Sunset Recipe
Making a Tequila Sunset at home requires no cocktail shaker or fancy gadgets, making it super simple! Just gather the following ingredients and let physics do the work:
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila (whatever you have on hand is fine, no need to go top shelf for this one)
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1/2 ounce blackberry brandy
How to Make a Tequila Sunset
- Fill a high ball glass with ice
- Pour in tequila and orange juice
- Stir gently
- Slowly add blackberry brandy so it settles at the bottom of the glass. Be sure not to stir in order to keep the vibrant color striations.
- Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy!
Tequila Sunrise vs Sunset
The key difference between a Tequila Sunrise and a Tequila Sunset is the swap of one of the ingredients. In a Tequila Sunrise, grenadine is used to provide the red hue. In a Tequila Sunset, Blackberry Brandy is employed. The two ingredients tweak the flavor of the cocktails and possess different densities, giving the cocktails different appearances.
How to Serve
Serve your Tequila Sunset in a glass tumbler with ice. Avoid stirring to keep the color striations. Garnish with an orange slice and Marciano cherries.
Other Great Tequila Drinks
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 3 ounces Orange Juice
- 1/2 ounce Blackberry Brandy
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the tequila and orange juice.
- Pour in the Blackberry Brandy carefullly so it settles at the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Leave A Comment