The Screwdriver is the ever popular orange juice and vodka cocktail. Our perfect ratio will take this from a college drink to a Sunday brunch beverage.
What is a Screwdriver Drink
The Screwdriver, a vodka and orange juice cocktail, first showed up on the drinking scene in the United States in the 1940s. While purely conjecture, we wonder if this originated as a “hair of the dog cocktail” served at breakfast after a raucous night.
How to Make a Screwdriver Drink
- Fill a large tumbler with ice.
- Add in vodka and top with orange juice.
- Stir to combine.
Serving a Screwdriver Cocktail
The Screwdriver is served in a tall tumbler glass on the rocks. You can garnish with an orange wedge to give it a little something extra.
Variations on the Screwdriver
There are some great simple variations on this vodka orange juice cocktail.
- Harvey Wallbanger: A screwdriver with a Galliano float.
- Cordless Screwdriver: Vodka shaken with an orange wedge and sugar and strained over ice.
- Slow Comfortable Screw: Sloe Gin, Southern Comfort, and orange juice.
Other Easy Cocktails
If you make this perfect Screwdriver, please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!
- 1 3/4 ounces Vodka
- 3 1/2 ounces Orange Juice
- Fill glass with ice
- Pour in vodka and orange juice
- Stir, garnish and enjoy