This Vodka Champagne Cocktail comes together with just four ingredients and is absolutely delicious. This is the perfect champagne recipe for entertaining – it is quick, easy, and will make the guests come back for more.
New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and we have the perfect champagne cocktail to celebrate with. This Vodka Champagne Cocktail, a close cousin to the French 76, is so easy to make, and perfect for parties. The sugar cube makes the bubbles last longer, and makes for a super festive and easy cocktail.
Crisp, cold, and just slightly sweet, this cocktail is an absolutely winner.
How to Make a Vodka Champagne Cocktail
- Put a sugar cube in the bottom of a champagne glass. When you are at the grocery store, look for sugar cubes in the baking aisle. The come in a small box and they last for ages in your pantry.
- Top with a few drops of Angostura Bitters. Read below to learn what bitters are and why they are used in cocktails.
- Add some vodka to the glass. Read below for our picks on low, middle, and top shelf vodkas.
- Top with your favorite bubbly. While this is a champagne cocktail, Prosecco or any sparkling wine will work here.
What is Angostura Bitters
Bitters is an alcoholic digestif made from botanicals. A little goes a long way and typically only a few drops are used in a cocktail. Bitters is sold in the liquor department of grocery stores and will last in your pantry for years. They are a signature ingredient in an Old Fashioned cocktail.
What Makes a Sparkling Wine Champagne
For a sparkling wine to be considered champagne, it needs to come from the Champagne region of France. Additionally, true champagne is typically made with specific types of grapes, including: pinot noir, pinot meunier, and chardonnay.
All of that being said, any sparkling wine can be used in this cocktail and enjoyed. The most important thing is to find a brand that you enjoy drinking on it’s own. Use that to make this cocktail.
What Vodka to use in a Vodka Champagne Cocktail
When you are at the grocery store to purchase vodka for this or any cocktail, you want to consider taste, quality, and cost. Here are a few high quality vodkas at each price point.
- One of our favorite top shelf vodkas is Belvedere.
- Our favorite mid level vodka is Grey Goose.
- The best low level vodka is Titos.
Regardless of your budget, you can’t go wrong with any of these options.
How to Serve
The best part of this cocktail, in our humble opinion, is the sugar cube at the bottom. As it dissolves it keeps the bubbles going, making this such a fun and festive cocktail. Definitely don’t skip the sugar cube.
This can be served as is, or you can give it a cute little lemon twist to top.
Other Champagne Cocktails
Looking for even more champagne cocktails? Don’t miss some of our favorites.
If you make this Champagne and Vodka Cocktail please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!
Vodka Champagne Cocktail
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 1/3 ounce Vodka
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Chilled Champagne to top about 3 ounces
- Put the sugar cube in the bottom of the glass.
- Pour in the bitters and vodka.
- Top with champagne.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Leave A Comment