A smooth and fruity cocktail with vanilla notes, its bright yellow hue and delightful flavor make this cocktail one you have to try. Starring Galliano, an Italian liqueur, the Yellow Bird Cocktail is sophisticated and delicious.
The Yellow Bird Drink is a sour cocktail with a sweet finish. Like some of our other favorite rum cocktails, it is a perfect drink to enjoy to escape reality and feel like you are on vacation.
How to Make a Yellow Bird Alcoholic Drink
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add your white rum, Galliano, Triple sec, and Lime juice. Freshly squeezed lime juice is best. Don’t have triple sec? You can swap Cointreau.
- Shake well. Give the cocktail shaker a good shake until ingredients are well combined and chilled.
- Pour into a glass of ice. Any highball glass or tall glass tumbler will work.
- Garnish and enjoy!
What is Galliano
Galliano is an Italian liqueur with a bright yellow hue. It has a distinct flavor and is both a key ingredient in cocktails and a digestif.
- What does Galliano taste like? Sweet and herbal, its unique vanilla sweetness sets it apart.
- Is Galliano the same as amaretto? Amaretto is an almond liqueur while Galliano has stronger notes of vanilla and licorice. Both are Italian liqueurs.
- What is a digestif? An alcoholic beverage enjoyed after a meal that intends to aid in digestion.
The Taste of a Yellow Bird
A Yellow Bird Drink is an easy one to enjoy. The smooth notes of vanilla and rum pair beautifully with the fruity kick of lime juice and triple sec, an orange flavored liqueur.
How to Serve
Serve your Yellow Bird Drink in a tall glass tumbler with lots of ice. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange.
Other Galliano Cocktails
Yellow Bird Drink
- 1 ounce White rum
- .5 ounce Galliano
- .5 ounce Triple Sec
- .5 ounce Lime juice
- orange optional garnish
- cherries optional garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in the white rum, Galliano, triple sec and lime juice.
- Shake well.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Strain the drink from the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Leave A Comment