A rich, creamy, and sophisticated cocktail, this Baileys Espresso Martini comes together with just three ingredients and a quick shake. It is the perfect dessert cocktail for any occasion.
A creamier take on our delicious Espresso Martini, this Baileys Espresso Martini is frothy, simple, and decadent. Made with rich espresso, sweet and creamy Bailey’s, and a clean vodka finish, you can enjoy this perfect after-dinner cocktail in any season. This espresso martini with Bailey’s will make you feel like a professional mixologist without breaking a sweat.
Espresso Martini Ingredients
With just three ingredients and a few foolproof steps, this decadent Baileys Espresso Martini shakes together fast and gets more delicious with each sip. To mix one up, grab the following ingredients:
- Baileys Irish Cream: An Irish cream liqueur that gives this cocktail its creamy, frothy goodness. Also used in our Frozen Mudslide recipe.
- Vodka: Like any Vodka Martini, you will want a good-quality vodka for this recipe. See more on our recommended vodkas below.
- Espresso: Regular or decaf espresso can be used in this recipe, depending on how late you drink this delicious martini or your sensitivity to caffeine. Strongly brewed coffee or a cold brew coffee concentrate would also work.
How to Make an Espresso Martini With Baileys
This sophisticated cocktail comes together in a few easy steps and just three ingredients, making it look a lot more complex than it actually is. For the full recipe and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Pour all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour quickly into a chilled martini glass. Enjoy!
Best Vodka for a Martini
Premium vodka is best in martinis, as the vodka you use really sets the tone for these cocktails. We advise using your best vodka for this recipe. If you are purchasing vodka, Belvedere or Grey Goose are our top-tier suggestions. Tito’s is our go-to for a mid-range vodka.
How to Serve
Serve your Baileys Espresso Martini in a chilled martini glass. This espresso martini can be topped with a few espresso or coffee beans for a tasty and fun garnish. It is hard to say no to this espresso martini with Baileys, but even so, this recipe tastes best when enjoyed immediately after mixing.
Yes, two ounces of espresso have 121 mg of caffeine. For a less caffeinated martini, use decaf espresso.
The key to a frothy espresso martini is shaking the ingredients up really well and pouring them into the martini glass immediately.
Yes, the ingredients in Baileys do not contain gluten.
Other Dessert Cocktails
Dessert cocktails are the best way to enjoy a cocktail and treat your sweet tooth. Check out these other decadent cocktails!
Baileys Espresso Martini
- 2 ounces Baileys
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces espresso
- Pour the Baileys, vodka, and espresso into an ice filled shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass.
- Drink and enjoy!