A cocktail and dessert in one? Yes please! This Peanut Butter Cup Martini is the perfect balance of creamy, decadent, and boozy. Made with peanut butter cup infused vodka, chocolate liqueur, and milk, it is sure to treat your sweet tooth and become your new guilty pleasure.
Is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? Made with just five ingredients, you can serve and enjoy this fancy-looking dessert in a glass at home. While we love the classic martini, it’s also fun to have a sweeter version. Equal parts of each ingredient make the recipe easy to remember and multiply as needed. The chocolate drizzled glass is sure to impress your guests.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Cup Martini
- Prepare your Peanut Butter Cup vodka. See directions for how to make the infused vodka below.
- Prepare your glass. See below for details on how to garnish a martini glass with chocolate. Place the martini glass in the freezer while you prepare the rest of the drink.
- Combine peanut butter cup vodka, chocolate liqueur, and milk in a cocktail shaker with ice. Don’t have a cocktail shaker? Use a mason jar with lid.
- Give it a good shake. When ingredients are well combined and chilled, strain into your prepared martini glass.
- Place Peanut Butter Cup on the side of your glass to garnish, enjoy!
Infusing Vodka with Peanut Butter Cups
There are two ways to make Peanut Butter Cup vodka for this recipe. If you want to prepare the infused vodka ahead of time, cut up four Peanut Butter cups and place them in one cup of vodka. Let sit for 4 hours. To make Peanut Butter Cup vodka that is ready to go, simply mix the candy with a cup of vodka in a blender until smooth and use immediately.
What kind of vodka is best?
The quality of vodka used in this drink isn’t as important as other more vodka-forward cocktails like the Vodka Martini. For a Top tier vodka, we recommend Belvedere or Grey Goose. Mid-level we prefer titos and for a budget friendly option, Kirklands or Smirnoff are comparable in flavor.
How to Garnish a Martini Glass with Chocolate
The chocolate drizzled martini glass adds to the cocktail’s presentation and makes it look like a cocktail you would order at a fancy restaurant. You can prepare the glasses ahead of time and store them in the freezer to save time when hosting! Holding the martini glass by the stem, slowly twirl the glass while the syrup drips, working from the bottom of the glass up to the rim to create a swirl like in the photo below. Place the glass(es) in the freezer until you are ready to prepare the martini. This will keep your prepared cocktail cold and prevent the syrup from running down the sides of the glass, win-win! Use a good-quality chocolate syrup that is somewhat thick such as Ghirardelli or this one.
How to Serve
Serve your Peanut Butter Cup Martini in a prepared martini glass immediately to enjoy cold. Garnish by placing a quarter or half of a peanut butter cup on the rim of your glass.
Other Dessert Drinks
Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Peanut Butter Cup Infused Vodka
- 1 cup Vodka
- 4 crushed Peanut butter cups
- 2 ounces Peanut Butter Cup Vodka
- 2 ounces Chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces milk
- 1 peanut butter cup for garnish
Peanut Butter Cup Vodka
- Cut up the peanut butter cups, and add to a cup of vodka. Let sit for at least four hours. When ready to use, strain. (Alternatively, blend the peanut butter cups and vodka together, and use immediately.)
Peanut Butter Cup Martini
- Carefully drizzle chocolate sauce into the martini glass, while spinning it by the stem. Place the martini glass in the freezer while you prepare the rest of the drink.
- Cut a very small pie shaped piece out of the peanut butter cup.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake well. Pour into the prepared martini glass. Place the peanut butter cup on the side of the glass to garnish.