A cocktail that tastes like dessert? Count me in! The creamy and decadent Mudslide is the perfect balance of rich and boozy. Made with Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys, and heavy cream, you’ll really treat yourself with this recipe. While commonly thought of as a boozy milkshake, this recipe flaunts the flavor of the spirits and is sure to be your new guilty pleasure.
The Mudslide has become a classic and originates back in the 1970s. The story goes that a customer ordered a White Russian, but the bartender adjusted the recipe to include what ingredients he had on hand, including Irish Cream. The Mudslide was born and became an instant hit.
While the drink looks and tastes extravagant, it is very simple to make at home. Since you need one ounce of each ingredient, the recipe is super easy to memorize. Add one ounce each of your vodka of choice, coffee liqueur (like Kahlua), Baileys Irish Cream, and heavy cream to a cocktail shaker with ice. Give it a good shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
How to Make a Mudslide Drink
- Add one ounce each of Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys, and heavy cream to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously until chilled and well combined
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve your Mudslide immediately in a chilled martini glass to enjoy it while it is icy cold. Chocolate shavings dress up the presentation of the cocktail as well as adds additional flavor and a sweet aroma.
Other Vodka Drinks
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Baileys
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings.