A delicious chocolatey spin on a cocktail classic, this Chocolate White Russian recipe is made with just five tasty ingredients and comes together in a matter of minutes. A decadent, creamy dessert beverage that will have you hooked.
Dessert in a glass? Sign me up! Coffee and chocolate flavors combine in this indulgent cocktail, making this a recipe you will mix up on repeat. The classic White Russian is made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream. This chocolatey twist adds chocolate liquer creating a cocktail that is rich, creamy, and easy to make. It is perfect for after dinner or an at home happy hour.
- Vodka. Use a mid-level vodka that you enjoy the flavor of. The other flavors in this cocktail will mask some of the taste of the vodka, so you do not need a top-shelf vodka for this recipe. Tito’s is our go-to.
- Coffee liqueur. Tia Maria and Kahlua are two good options. Another favorite cocktail starring coffee liqueur is our Espresso Martini.
- Chocolate liqueur. This key ingredient is what sets this chocolate White Russion apart from the classic. Godiva and Dorda are two suggested brands to try. Chocolate liqueur can be found in white, dark, and milk chocolate. Use the liqueur that best fits your taste.
- Heavy cream. Half and half or milk would also work for this recipe if that’s what you have on hand, though heavy cream will make the creamiest cocktail. Almond, oat, or soy milk would make for a dairy-free option.
- Chocolate syrup. For a delicious garnish on your glass.
How to Make a Chocolate White Russian
This coffee-chocolate cocktail is made right in the glass it is served in just three simple steps, no shaking or mixing required. For the full directions and ingredient measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Dip the rim of your tumbler in chocolate syrup. Fill the tumbler with ice.
- Pour the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and coffee liqueur into the tumbler.
- Top with heavy cream. Stir gently and enjoy!
Black Russian vs White Russian
The key difference between a White Russian recipe and a Black Russian cocktail is the addition or absence of cream. A black Russian contains just vodka and coffee liqueur, while the white russian adds some cream to the combo. A Colorado Bulldog adds cola to the White Russian ingredients list for a fizzy and sweet kick.
How to Serve
Serve your Chocolate White Russians in a small glass tumbler over ice. Garnish your cocktail with chocolate syrup on the rim of the glass. This Chocolate White Russian recipe tastes best if enjoyed immediately after mixing.
Other Chocolate Cocktails
- For a sweet holiday treat, this Peppermint Hot Chocolate combines the best flavors of the season.
- A simple spin on a cold-weather staple, try this cozy Baileys Hot Chocolate recipe.
- For a tasty chocolate shooter, Chocolate Cake Shot is quick and delicious.
If you make this creamy Chocolate White Russian recipe or any other Shake Drink Repeat cocktails, leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Chocolate White Russian
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce heavy cream Can also use half & half or milk
- Chocolate syrup
- Dip the rim of a tumbler in chocolate syrup. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur, and chocolate liqueur into the glass.
- Top with heavy cream. Stir before drinking.
Leave A Comment