A fall twist on the classic Original Moscow Mule Recipe, this Caramel Apple Moscow Mule recipe is one you will mix up all fall long. Simple, refreshing, and made with only four ingredients, you will taste the crisp fall flavors in each sip.
An autumnal treat that can be enjoyed all year round, this is a Moscow mule variation you will love. The tartness of the apple liqueur perfectly compliments the smooth richness of the caramel vodka and ginger beer, making this simple cocktail a decadent treat.
Simple ingredients for a delicious cocktail! What more could you ask for? Gather the following ingredients:
- Caramel vodka: There are several different versions on the market, but we love Smirnoff. It’s also perfect in our Caramel Apple Sangria.
- Apple liqueur: There are several great ones out there. And if you want a little more sophisticated taste, try some apple whiskey or apple brandy in this!
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice will of course taste the best, but bottled is just fine if that’s what you have on hand.
- Ginger beer: See below for recommendations and for an alternative option.
Best Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules
If you have a preferred ginger beer, feel free to use that in this caramel apple mule recipe. Whether you use a ginger beer with alcohol or one without won’t affect the quality of the drink, but is rather a personal preference. Check the packaging to see if yours is alcohol-free. Here are a couple of options:
- Crabbies and Sprecher Hard Ginger Beer are two trusted options that we love. Both of these options contain alcohol.
- If you can’t find ginger beer near you or if you are looking for a sweeter option that will make a drink that isn’t quite as strong, you can substitute ginger ale.
How to Make Caramel Apple Mules
With four super-simple steps, this caramel apple Moscow mule recipe will be ready in minutes. For ingredient measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Pour the caramel vodka, apple liqueur, and lime juice into a copper mug.
- Fill the copper mug with ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Stir and enjoy!
How to Serve Caramel Apple Moscow Mules
These caramel apple mules are best served in a copper mug immediately after mixing. If you don’t have a copper mug, a glass tumbler will also work. Serve over ice and garnish with an apple slice or two for an extra tart touch.
Moscow Mule Mugs
Most (if not all) Moscow mule drinks are served in copper mugs. While this isn’t essential to make a good drink, the does help keep the drink cold. These caramel apple Moscow mules will be just as delicious if served in a glass.
Other Mule Recipes
Caramel Apple Moscow Mule
- 1 ounce caramel vodka
- 1 ounce apple liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- Pour the vodka, apple liqueur and lime juice into a copper mug.
- Fill the mug with ice.
- Top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish and enjoy!