Tequila and Ginger Ale is a simple cocktail made up of two ingredients and loaded with refreshing fizz and flavor. The sweet and subtle flavor of ginger ale compliments a good tequila in this simple yet invigorating highball cocktail.
Ginger ale is different than ginger beer, making this Tequila Slammer cocktail more sweet and less tart than the Tequila Mule. The result is a balanced and slightly sweet drink that is easy to sip on and enjoy.
How to Make a Tequila and Ginger Ale
- Rim your glass with salt. This step is optional, but we think it makes the drink even better. See below for more info on how to salt the rim of your glass.
- Fill a glass with ice. Any highball or lowball glass will do.
- Pour in tequila. See our Tequila recommendation below.
- Top with Ginger Ale. Open your ginger ale just prior to making your cocktail to keep the bubbles and flavor fresh.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Tequila and Ginger Ale: The Perfect Match
The way Tequila and Ginger Ale compliment each other truly makes them the perfect match. Especially on a warm day, this refreshing and thirst-quenching duo is hard to beat!
How to Rim a Glass with Salt
Spread a layer of kosher salt on a small plate. Using a lime wedge with a small notch in the middle, run it around the rim of your glass to moisten the rim. Tilt the glass so that only the outside edge goes into the salt and twirl the glass so that the entire rim is covered.
What Tequila to Use
A good quality tequila will be labeled as 100% agave. This is very important for the best quality drink as it will give you the best flavor and taste of the tequila because it will contain no other additives. Our favorite mid-level tequila is Milagro Silver. No matter your budget or which tequila you use, stay away from anything not 100% agave.
How to Serve
Serve your Tequila Slammer in a highball or glass tumbler with lots of ice. A salted rim and lime wedge garnish will make this your warm weather go-to cocktail.
Other Ginger Ale Cocktails
Tequila and Ginger Ale
- 2 ounces Tequila white or gold
- 4 ounces Ginger ale
- lime optional garnish
- Optional, rim glass with salt.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the tequila.
- Top with gingler ale.
- Garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!