The ruby red Scarlett O’Hara Cocktail features Southern Comfort and is loaded with southern charm. Combined with cranberry juice and lime juice, the tart and fruity refresher has a Hollywood history and invigorating flavor.
Make a single cocktail or turn it into a party punch perfect for any party or gathering. The bright red hue and charming flavor make it hit, even for non-whiskey drinkers.
History of Scarlett O’Hara Cocktail
The Scarlett O’Hara cocktail gets its name from the southern belle in the classic movie, Gone With the Wind. It is said that the drink was created soon after the movie’s release in the 1930s.
How to Make a Scarlett O’Hara Cocktail
- Gather your ingredients. We recommend using cranberry cocktail rather than 100% cranberry juice, which is very tart with no sweetness. Whenever lime juice is requested in a cocktail recipe, freshly squeezed is best if available.
- Fill a glass with ice. Any glass tumbler will work.
- Pour in Southern Comfort and lime juice.
- Top with cranberry juice and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
How to Make a Scarlett O'Hara party punch
To make this charming cocktail into a punch, simply multiply ingredients to maintain the ratio. Add 1 1/2 cups Southern Comfort, 1/2 cup of lime juice, and 1 1/2 cup cranberry juice to a pitcher with ice. Stir to combine and pour into glasses of ice to serve.
What is Southern Comfort
Southern Comfort is a whiskey liqueur with fruit and spice accents that was created by a bartender in the late 1800s. With whiskey as its base spirit, SoCo has flavors of apricot though some drinkers may note a peachy taste.
- 2 ounces Southern Comfort
- 3/4 ounce Lime juice
- 2 ounces Cranberry Juice
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the Southern comfort and lime juice.
- Top with the cranberry juice.
- Garnish and enjoy!