The Walk Me Down cocktail is not for the faint of heart or the faint of taste buds. It’s boozy, bold, and blue thanks to the combination of multiple liquors (five to be exact) including blue curacao. Similar to a Long Island Iced Tea but with a more citrusy flavor, it’s also known as an Adios, Motherfucker and packs a punch!
With its numerous spirits and strong alcohol composition, a Walk Me Down is similar to a Long Island Iced Tea. What separates the two is the addition of blue curacao and lemon lime soda instead of coke and triple sec, giving the cocktail a more citrusy flavor and bright blue color!
Walk Me Down Ingredients
While the list of ingredients may seem lengthy, you probably have most of them already. And we promise it will be worth it. We give you some other ideas for great cocktails you can make with many of the same ingredients-consider them bar staples! Here is what you need to make a Walk Me Down:
- White Rum
- Blue Curacao
- Simple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Lime Soda (such as 7Up or Sprite)
How to Make a Walk Me Down Drink
Get ready to pour! Grab a glass and fill it with ice, then add equal parts (about 1/2 ounce) of your quality tequila, vodka, white rum, blue curacao and gin. Then add about an ounce of both simple syrup and lemon juice. Last but not least, top with lemon lime soda, stir and enjoy!
How to Serve
We like our Walk Me Down’s served with lots of ice and a lemon garnish. A large glass tumbler will be perfect to hold all of the ingredients with room to stir.
Try one (or all!) of these fun variations! You’ve got the basics when it comes to ingredients, a few simple modifications and you’ll have yourself a completely different yet equally yummy cocktail.
- Long Island Iced Tea– swap out the lemon lime soda and blue curacao for a 1/2 ounce triple sec and a topper of coke
- Tokyo Iced Tea– follow the Walk Me Down Recipe but instead of blue curacao, add Midori.
- Long Beach Iced Tea-leave out the 7Up and instead of blue curacao, add triple sec. The secret ingredient? A splash of cranberry juice!
If you make this Walk Me Down Cocktail leave us a comment and let us know what you think.
Walk Me Down
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- lemon lime soda(7up/sprite)
- Add tequila, vodka, white rum, blue curaçao, gin, simple syrup and lemon juice to an ice filled glass
- Top with lemon lime soda and stir.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Leave A Comment