Bluer than the bluest waters, the beautiful hue of the Blue Lagoon Cocktail and its invigorating, tropical flavor give vacation vibes wherever you are! The refreshing union of vodka, lemonade, and Blue Curacao makes this cocktail one you can dive right into.
A hot summer day doesn’t get much better than the sun on your face and a Blue Lagoon cocktail in your hand. Escape to a beach for a while without leaving your home with this beautiful blue cocktail. The refreshing, tropical flavor will have you refilling your glass well before the ice melts!
Blue Lagoon Cocktail Recipe
The recipe for a Blue Lagoon drink is a vacation in a glass and is quite simple to make with just three ingredients:
- Vodka. We prefer Tito’s for many of our cocktails, but you can use your favorite vodka or whatever you have on hand.
- Blue Curacao. An orange liqueur dyed bright blue. See more on this liqueur below.
How to Make a Blue Lagoon Cocktail
Turn on some Jimmy Buffet and shake up a Blue Lagoon cocktail in no time by following these three simple steps. For full directions and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka and Blue Curacao and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with lemonade and enjoy!
What is Blue Curacao
While the name makes it quite obvious what color a Blue Lagoon cocktail is, Blue Curacao is responsible for the rich hue of the drink. Blue Curacao is a blue, citrus liqueur whose flavor comes from the peel of the Laraha citrus fruit which is grown on the island of Curacao. Try Blue Curacao in our Frozen Blue Hawaiian cocktail.
Make it a Pitcher
Enjoying with friends? Make a pitcher of Blue Lagoon Cocktail to make refills a breeze. Fill a pitcher with ice. Add nine ounces vodka and nine ounces Blue Curacao and stir. Top with 36 ounces lemonade. Serve in glasses of ice.
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Blue Curacao
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 1 1/8 cup vodka
- 1 1/8 cup Blue Curacao
- 4 1/2 cups lemonade
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka and Blue Curacao to shake and shake.
- Strain into an ice filled glass.
- Top with lemonade.
- Garnish and enjoy.