The Brandy Alexander is an indulgent cocktail that is a popular classic. Made with dark creme de cacao, brandy, and heavy cream, it is creamy, boozy, and sweet. This decadent dessert cocktail recipe is sure to be a delight!
The origin of the drink’s name is unknown, but the classic cocktail dates back to the early 1900s. The trifecta of ingredients is perfectly balanced and smooth. The simple recipe has charmed drinkers for years!
Brandy Alexander Recipe
A Brandy Alexander only requires three ingredients and equal parts of each. For one Brandy Alexander, you will need one once each of:
- Dark creme de cacao, a chocolate flavored liqueur also used in the Grasshopper.
- Your brandy of choice, Cognac is a great option
- Heavy cream
How to Make a Brandy Alexander
Once you have your ingredients gathered, making a Brandy Alexander is just about as simple as any other shaken cocktail.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously until well combined
- Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass, like a coupe glass or martini glass.
- Garnish with ground nutmeg and enjoy
How to Serve
Serve your Brandy Alexander immediately in a coupe glass or martini glass. Garnish with ground nutmeg for a little extra spice.
Other Classic Cocktails
- 1 ounce dark creme de cacao
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with ground nutmeg.
Leave A Comment