There’s a reason this margarita is called a Cadillac Margarita- it’s top of the line! With a few upgrades and premium ingredients, this will really step up your margarita game. It is sophisticated and delicious yet simple to make, making it the ultimate margarita.
Take your margarita game to the next level, and prepare to have everyone asking for the recipe. A few upgrades to your classic margarita are what make this margarita so special.
Cadillac Margarita Recipe
Best quality ingredients are what make this Margarita extra in all the best ways. Top shelf tequila and Grand Marnier-a sophisticated and slightly bitter and sweet brandy-based orange liqueur are two crucial ingredients. You will need an ounce and a half each of silver tequila and sweet and sour mix, and a half-ounce each of Cointreau and Grand Marnier.
How to Make a Cadillac Margarita
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour the tequila, sweet and sour mix, and Cointreau
- Shake vigorously
- Salt the rim of your glass
- Fill prepared glass with ice and strain shaker into the glass
- Carefully pour Grand Marnier on top
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge and enjoy!
How to Rim a Glass With Salt
The salted rim of a margarita glass is a classic touch and pairs perfectly with the tartness of the cocktail.
- Spread a layer of kosher salt on a small plate
- Using a lime wedge with a small notch in the middle, run it around the rim of your glass to moisten the rim.
- Tilt the glass so that only the outside edge goes into the salt and twirl the glass so that the entire rim is covered.
How to Serve
Serve your Cadillac Margarita in a margarita glass with ice, a salted rim, and a lime wedge on the rim for garnish. Serve immediately. Don’t have margarita glasses? Any small or medium glass tumbler will do.
Other Margarita Cocktails
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- Pour the tequila, sweet and sour mix and Cointreau into an ice filled shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Salt the rim of a glass.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the shaker into the glass.
- Carefully pour the Grand Marnier on top.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Leave A Comment