Cranberry Orange Margarita Sangria is a fun, fresh, and festive drink. It’s the perfect cocktail for all occasions, especially Christmas! You and your guests will love this festive flavor combination.
Wintertime means getting to attend and host party after party. Instead of worrying about what you will offer your guests to drink, we’ve got you covered with this Cranberry Orange Margarita Sangria. You shouldn’t have to choose between serving margaritas or sangria at your next party. This easy Christmas cocktail recipe is the perfect combination of a classic margarita and a delicious sangria recipe.
Cranberry Orange Margarita Sangria Ingredients
Our Margarita Sangria is a fruity blend of white wine, fresh fruit, fruit juice, triple sec, and tequila. The ingredients are easy to find all year round, especially if you use frozen cranberries. Keep them on hand to make sangria at a moment’s notice this holiday season. Don’t forget that it is best to use chilled juices and wine to enjoy the sangria cold.
- A bottle of chilled white wine: we used Pinot Grigio, however, if you want something sweeter we recommend using a Riesling.
- Tequila: it is always best to use a tequila that is 100% agave for the best flavor, but the quality of the tequila isn’t as important for this recipe due to the other ingredients masking some of its flavor. Use a mid-level tequila that you enjoy the flavor of.
- Cranberry juice: use 100% cranberry juice.
- Triple sec: an orange-flavored liqueur. Cointreau would also work in this recipe.
- Orange juice
- Simple syrup. Our homemade simple syrup recipe is so easy to make and can be used in tons of cocktail recipes.
- Frozen cranberries: fresh cranberries will work too if that’s what you have on hand.
- Orange slices: you’ll love the extra taste of citrus, plus they are such a fun garnish to use.
How to Make Simple Syrup
Best Wine for Sangria
One of the best parts of making sangria is being able to adjust the ingredients to your personal taste preference. For this white sangria recipe, we used Pinot Grigio, but if you want something sweeter we recommend using a Riesling.
How to Make Margarita Sangria
You won’t believe how easy it is to make a pitcher of this margarita sangria. Here is a brief overview of how to make this Margarita Sangria. For the full measurements and instructions, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, tequila, cranberry juice, triple sec, simple syrup, and orange juice.
- Give it a light stir. Add in the cranberries and orange slices and serve.
How to Serve
Cranberry Orange Margarita Sangria is perfect for serving at parties! Grab your favorite pitcher, add the ingredients, stir, add in the fruit, and serve. We love how much of this festive drink can fit in a stemless wine glass, but feel free to serve it in whatever cocktail or wine glasses you own. Don’t forget to garnish each glass with leftover cranberries and orange slices for a festive flair.
Other Margarita & Sangria Recipes
From the classic Red Sangria to a fun Tropical Margarita Sangria, we have tons of great margarita and sangria recipes for any season. You are sure to find your new favorite!
When you try this recipe or any of my other cocktail recipes, leave a comment to tell me what you think. I love hearing from you!
Cranberry Orange Margarita Sangria
- 750 milliliters chilled white wine (read our recommendations for white wine in the blog post)
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 orange sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, tequila, cranberry juice, triple sec, simple syrup and orange juice. Give it a light stir. Add in the cranberries and orange slices and serve.
Leave A Comment