The stunning Drunk Witch Jell-O Shots are the perfect compliment to your next spooky gathering. Made with vodka, blue curacao, and cherry jello, the result is a boozy, fruity jello shot with a deep dramatic purple hue.
Looking for the cocktail version? Check out the Drunk Witch in cocktail form. It is wildly popular, delicious, and so easy to make.
Jell-o shots are always a hit at parties. With a smooth flavor and festive presentation, these purple jello shots are just what the witch ordered. Make a batch of these drunk witch jello shots the day before to grab and go when the party starts. Try these Candy Corn Jello Shots for another festive fall favorite!
What is Blue Curacao?
An orange-flavored liqueur with a bright blue hue, it adds a citrus kick to these drunk witch jello shots. Combined with the cherry jello, blue curacao gives the shots their signature dark purple color.
How to Make Drunk Witch Jello Shots
Below is a brief overview of how to make these Halloween jello shots. For the full recipe and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Make the jello. Combine boiling water with the cherry jello until dissolved.
- Add the liquor. Measure out the vodka and blue curacao, adding ice. Pour the alcohol into the jello and mix until the ice cubes are melted.
- Divide and refrigerate. Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses and refrigerate until set, about 90 minutes.
How to Serve
Serve your Halloween jello shots chilled so they remain solidified. Top with edible star sprinkles, green sugar, and whipped cream if desired. Jello shots last up to three days in the fridge, it is recommended to keep them covered to maximize their freshness.
What Alcohol is Best for Jello Shots?
Vodka and rum are the most popular and common liquors to use when making jello shots, but anything that works well with the fruity flavor of jello will work. No top shelf bottles required, using a low-mid level vodka will be fine since the flavor of the jello well masks it.
Other Halloween Cocktails
Drunk Witch Jello Shots
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces cherry jello
- 1/2 cup blue curacao
- 1/2 cup vodka
- star sprinkles optional
- green sugar optional
- whip cream optional
- Boil 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix the Cherry jello and boiling water until the jello is dissolved.
- Measure out the vodka and blue curacao, adding ice until it measures 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour the alcohol into the jello and mix until ice cubes are melted.
- Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses.
- Put into the refrigerator for 90 minutes or until solidified.
- Top with sprinkles, green sugar and whip cream if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!