It’s no mystery that this shot is delicious! Made with Coconut Rum, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, and Creme De Banana, the Blue Scooby Snack Shot is one of the most pleasant shot recipes we’ve tried.
Perfect for a party with friends or at home happy hour, the bright blue color and fruity flavors will remind you of the ocean and give your party a vacation vibe!
What is in a Scooby Snack Shot
A Blue Scooby Snack Shot can be made with four simple ingredients.
- Coconut Rum. We prefer Malibu which can be used in many other recipes, like this Malibu Pineapple Margarita
- Blue Curacao. A bright blue liqueur that is orange-flavored.
- Pineapple Juice.
- Creme de Banana. A sweet, banana-flavored liqueur.
How to Make a Scooby Snack Shot
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into shot glasses.
- Garnish and enjoy.
What is Blue Curacao?
An orange-flavored liqueur with a bright blue hue. Used in many cocktail to add a fruity kick and festive blue color, its a great addition to your bar inventory.
Why is it Called a Scooby Snack Shot
It is unclear exactly how this shot recipe got its name, but it is probably in reference to the popular cartoon Scooby-Doo from the 70s. “Blue” refers to the color of the shot which is due to the Blue Curacao.
To make a regular Scooby Snack Shot, swap out the Blue Curacao for Midori. Midori is a melon-flavored liqueur with an electric green color. Either variation is delicious!
Garnishing Scooby Snack Shot
Garnish your Blue Scooby Snack Shot with whipped cream for a sweet, creamy finish. Garnish just prior to serving so that the whipped cream doesn’t melt or dissolve into the shot.
Other Fun Shots
Blue Scooby Snack Shot
- 2 ounces Coconut Rum ex. Malibu
- 2 ounces Blue Curacao
- 2 ounces Pineapple juice
- 2 ounces Creme de Banana
- Mix the different ingredients together in a shaker.
- Pour into the shot glasses.
- Garnish with whip cream and a cherry if you wish and enjoy!