These festive drunken elf jello shots are the perfect addition to any Christmas party and will surely be a hit with your Christmas-loving guests! Made with citrus rum, and lime jello, the result is a fruity and boozy Christmas jello shot with a festive flair that even Santa’s elves would love.
If you’re still deciding what to serve at your Christmas party, then look no further! These Drunken Elf Jello Shots are sure to do the trick. They are just what Santa’s elves ordered. Serve them with Santa Hat Jello Shots for the perfect holiday Jell-O shot duo.
These Christmas Jello Shots use easy-to-find ingredients. For tips on how to garnish the festive jello shots, see below.
- Boiling water. For making your Jell-O.
- Lime jello mix. The key is to use a jello mix that is green, so green apple jello would also work.
- Citrus rum. Choose a light rum flavored with lemons, orange, grapefruit
How to Make Drunken Elf Jello Shots
Make these Drunken Elf Jell-O shots the night before your holiday gathering and pull them out of the fridge when your guests arrive. Below is a brief overview of how to make Christmas jello shots. For the full recipe and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Make the jello. Combine boiling water with the lime jello and mix until dissolved.
- Add the liquor. Pour the rum and ice into the jello mixture and mix until the ice cubes are melted.
- Divide and refrigerate. Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses and refrigerate until set, about 90 minutes.
- Dip. Slowly roll the rim of the shot glasses in corn syrup and then in the red sanding sugar.
- Garnish. Top with whipped cream, a red hot, and mint.
How to Serve
Serve your Drunken Elf Jello Shots chilled so they remain solidified. Unlike most cocktails, you rim the glass and garnish the shots after they are prepared and in the shot glasses. Jello shots last up to three days in the fridge. Keep them covered to maximize their freshness.
Plastic Shot Glasses
Drunken Elf Jello Shots
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces lime jello
- 1 cup citrus rum
- whipped cream optional
- mint leaves (the top cut off)
- corn syrup
- red sanding sugar
- red hots
- Boil 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix the lime jello mix and boiling water until the jello is dissolved.
- Measure out the rum in a glass 2 cup measuring cup. Add ice until it measures 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour the alcohol into the jello and mix until ice cubes are melted.
- Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses.
- Put into the refrigerator for 90 minutes or until solidified.
- Dip the shot glasses in corn syrup and then in the red sanding sugar.
- Top with whipped cream, a few small mint leaves, and one or two red hots.
- Serve and enjoy!