Made with peppermint and white chocolate, the Polar Bear Shot captures one of the most beloved flavors of the colder months. The sweet flavors pack a boozy punch in this two-ingredient shooter.
Mix up a round of Polar Bear Shots to heat things up at your winter party. There’s something cozy about the sweet combination of mint and chocolate, and this Polar Bear Shot packs the duo in shot form. To enjoy them in a festive cocktail, try the creamy Candy Cane Martini.
This shot is made with just two ingredients but does have some room to play with different liqueurs that will affect the shot’s flavor and strength.
- Peppermint Schnapps. Creme de menthe would be another minty alternative with a sweeter and less intense peppermint flavor, which also stars in the delicious Grasshopper. Use clear creme de menthe for a clear shot, or green for a green shot.
- Creme de Cacao. This clear, white chocolate liqueur is also used in the classic Pink Squirrel. Dark creme de cacao will make a shot that is dark brown in color and tastes more like dark chocolate. You could also use chocolate-flavored vodka.
How to Make a Polar Bear Shot
- Combine your peppermint schnapps and creme de cacao in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into chilled shot glasses.
For an extra boozy kick to the shots, add clear vodka. Keep the ratio of ingredients equal by combining 2/3 ounce vodka, peppermint schnapps (or creme de menthe), and creme de cacao. This will make the shots more potent without affecting the flavor.
How to Serve
Serve your Polar Bear shots in chilled shot glasses immediately after preparing. While the shot doesn’t require a garnish, these polar bear hot cocoa bombs make a fun and festive prop to a serving tray of Polar Bear shots! We found them at Target.
Other Shot Recipes
If you try these Polar Bear Shots or any of my other shot recipes, leave a comment and tell me what you (and your guests!) thought!
Polar Bear Shot
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps or creme de menthe
- 1 ounce creme de cacao white/clear
- Pour the peppermint schnapps and creme de cacao into an ice filled shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Drink and enjoy!