These Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots are the perfect mint shooter for your St. Patrick’s Day party. Cream de menthe brings the luck of the Irish in this simple and delicious vodka jello shot recipe.
Vodka and creme de menthe combine in this green jello shot recipe for a smooth and delicious mint shooter. A fun and easy way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, these jello shots are sure to be a big hit. Looking for another creme de menthe shot recipe? Try these creamy Grasshopper Pudding Shots!
How to Make Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots
This St. Patrick’s Day jello shots recipe comes together with a few simple steps and can be made the day before your party and pulled out of the fridge right as the party starts. This recipe can be easily multiplied making it perfect for serving a crowd. For all of the ingredients and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Combine jello mix, sugar, and hot water. Stir together boiling water and gelatin powder until the gelatin and sugar dissolved.
- Mix the liqueurs. Add the vodka and creme de menthe to a glass measuring cup. Add ice and stir.
- Combine the liqueurs and the jello mixture. Pour the liqueur and ice mixture into the hot jello mixture. Stir until the ice is melted.
- Prepare shots. Fill each shot glass leaving a little room at the top of the cup and put them in the fridge to set. I think plastic cups work best since you will be making 12 shots. See my recommendation below.
- Garnish and serve. Add some whipped cream and gold sprinkles for a festive touch.
Jello Shot Cups
Tips For How to Make Jello Shots!
To make the process of making these Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots or any jello shots recipe easier, line up your empty shot glasses or disposable cups on a baking sheet. Use a soup ladle or glass measuring cup to pour the jello shot mixture into the individual cups. Place the whole baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill to prevent them from spilling.
Best Vodka for Jello Shots
The creme de menthe is the star of this St. Patrick’s Day shot recipe, so no need for a top-shelf vodka here. You can use a low-mid level vodka, or whatever vodka you like the flavor of.
How to Serve Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots
Keep these Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots chilled until you are ready to serve them. Use green food coloring to make green jello shots, perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day party. This should be added to the mixture when you combine the jello and the liqueurs. Garnish the finished shots with whipped cream and gold sprinkles just before serving for a sweet treat.
We recommend refrigerating your Lucky Leprechaun shots for at least 90 minutes, this may take longer depending on your refrigerator so plan ahead when making them.
This recipe uses 1/2 cup of vodka for 12 jello shots.
You can make these vodka jello shots in advance and keep them in your fridge until ready to serve. We recommend keeping the shots covered so they don’t dry out. For best results, consume within three days.
Yes! This is a great recipe to make the night before. Make them within three hours of serving them and keep them stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
While that would save you from having to add green food coloring, most green jello is lime flavored which would not go with the creme de menthe.
Other St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
If you make this Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shot recipe, leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Lucky Leprechaun Jello Shots
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 ounce plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup creme de menthe
- green food coloring optional
- whipped cream optional
- gold sprinkles optional
- Boil 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix the plain gelatin, sugar, and boiling water until the gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- Measure out the vodka and creme de menthe in a glass 2 cup measuring cup. Add ice until it measures 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour the alcohol into the gelatin and mix until ice cubes are melted.
- Pour the mixture into plastic shot glasses.
- Put into the refrigerator for 90 minutes or until solidified.
- Top with whipped cream and some gold sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave A Comment