This St. Patrick’s Day Mudslide recipe puts a festive twist on a dessert cocktail favorite. Creamy, delicious, and simple to make, you won’t want to miss this festive boozy milkshake recipe.
Jameson replaces vodka for an Irish spin on the traditional Frozen Mudslide recipe, making this blended frozen cocktail one you will crave all year round. Irish whiskey, Kahlua, and Baileys Irish Cream combine with ice cream for a creamy adult milkshake that is sure to become one of your favorite St Patricks day drinks!
This amazing cocktail was inspired by our friends at Crayons and Cravings and their delicious Valentine’s Day Mudslide.
St. Patrick’s Day Mudslide Ingredients
Just four ingredients are required for this frozen mudslide recipe. To blend this smooth sipper, grab the following ingredients:
- Irish whiskey: Jameson is our go-to Irish whiskey. It is also used in our Irish Coffee Recipe.
- Kahlua: Coffee liqueur that really compliments the whiskey and cream flavors in this mudslide drink.
- Baileys Irish Cream: Another Irish ingredient for this St. Patrick’s Day cocktail.
- Ice cream: We used vanilla ice cream for this recipe, but heavy cream would also work if that’s what you have on hand.
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Mudslides
Here is a brief summary of how easy this boozy milkshake is to make. For the full recipe and measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Blend ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish glasses. We recommend adding chocolate drizzle to the inside of your glasses for a cool look and a tasty bonus. See more on this below.
- Pour and enjoy! Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles (optional).
How to Serve
Even though all of these serving tips are optional, we strongly recommend giving them a try to jazz up your mudslides for St Patrick’s Day!
- Prepare your glass: Add some chocolate drizzle to your glasses and put them in the freezer to set for five minutes before adding your mudslide cocktail. See our recommendation for an easy chocolate option above.
- Turn your mudslide green: Add a few drops of green food coloring when you blend the ingredients together to give it a festive St. Patrick’s Day flare.
- Garnish: Garnish your St. Patrick’s Day Mudslides with whipped cream and gold sprinkles for an extra sweet and fun treat.
Other St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
If you make a St. Patrick’s Mudslide or any of our other drinks, leave a comment with your thoughts!
St. Patrick’s Day Mudslide
- 1 ounce Jameson
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Baileys
- 2 cups ice cream or 1 oz heavy cream
- green food coloring optional
- chocolate sauce optional
- whipped cream optional
- gold sprinkles optional
- Combine the ingredients in a blender. Add a couple drops of green food coloring for desired color.
- Blend well.
- Optional: drizzle chocolate sauce into a glass and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the drink into your glass.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkles.
- Drink and enjoy!