Vanilla and mint flavors combine with a chocolate garnish for these creamy and delicious Grasshopper Pudding Shots. Bring yourself some luck all year round with this dessert shooter!
Pudding shots with vodka always seem to go over well, especially when they are festive. Inspired by the after-dinner Grasshopper drink, these Grasshopper Pudding Shots are the perfect chocolatey-mint shooter for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. With delicious ingredients and simple steps, these smooth shooters are guaranteed to be a crowd favorite.
Grasshopper Pudding Shot Ingredients
This is one of our favorite creme de menthe cocktails. Four ingredients combine for this lucky mint shooter:
- Instant vanilla pudding: Make sure to use instant pudding for best results in this shot recipe.
- Vanilla vodka: If you like vanilla flavors, check out our delicious Key Lime Martini.
- Creme de menthe: The mint star in this recipe, also used in our Candy Cane Martini recipe.
The Best Homemade Whipped Cream
Garnish your Grasshopper Pudding Shots with the most simple and delicious homemade whipped cream. Only three ingredients required!
How to Make Grasshopper Pudding Shots
Just three simple steps to make this delicious St. Patrick’s Day dessert shot. This is a brief overview of just how easy this recipe is to make. For the full recipe, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Mix ingredients. Whisk together all ingredients and chill.
- Prepare the shot glasses. Line shot glasses with chocolate and freeze.
- Serve and garnish. Add pudding mixture to prepared glasses and top with whipped cream.
How to Serve
Since these are chilled pudding shots, you should keep them cool until you are ready to serve them. These dessert shooters would be delicious if served alone as just the pudding mixture. However, they will taste and look even better with these fun additions:
- Prepare shot glasses: A little chocolate swirl goes a long way! Prepare your empty shot glasses with chocolate drizzle and put them in the freezer for five minutes before adding the pudding mixture for a cool and tasty treat. See our recommendation for chocolate below.
- Turn the shots green: These shots will be yellow when following the recipe as written. To turn them a festive green as seen here, add a few drops of blue food coloring to the pudding mixture.
- Garnish with sweet treats: Garnish with whipped cream for a sweet topper, and add an Andes Mint for an extra chocolate-mint touch. Stick a mint leaf into the whipped cream of each shot for a fresh mint bonus!
Other St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
If you try this recipe or any of our other cocktails or shots, leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Grasshopper Pudding Shots
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla vodka
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- blue food coloring optional (see note)
- chocolate garnish to garnish glasses
- whipped cream for topping
- Whisk all the ingredients together and chill for 2 hours.
- Line shot glasses with chocolate garnish and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pudding to the prepared shot glasses and top with whipped cream.
Leave A Comment