This Mini Beer Shot recipe uses only two ingredients and is the cutest shot around. Make a platter of these miniature pints for your next party or tailgate!
The “beer” in this shot is only in the presentation, as there is no actual beer in this recipe. This sweet liqueur and heavy cream shooter tastes like a vanilla milkshake with a boozy boost.
What’s in a Mini Beer Shot
Just two ingredients float on top of each other for this adorable shot recipe.
- Licor 43: A sweet Spanish liqueur that creates the golden “beer” look in this shot recipe.
- Heavy cream: This floats on top to create the “foam head” of the beer shot.
What is Licor 43?
Licor 43 is a mid-level liqueur made in Spain. It is made with 43 natural ingredients (hence the name) and has flavors of vanilla, orange peel, and cinnamon. Its sweet flavor is delicious in coffee and cocktails, like combined with heavy cream in this shot recipe.
How to Make Mini Beer Shots
This mini beer shot with Licor 43 comes together easily in two steps. For ingredient measurements, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Fill the shot glass with Licor 43.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream over the back of a spoon into the shot glass on top of the Licor 43.
Tips and Tricks
- Use chilled Licor 43 for the best flavor.
- Using a small bar spoon to float the heavy cream on top of the shot will help reduce spilling.
- Put your shot glasses on a tray or baking sheet to easily distribute to party guests and catch any spills.
- Leave your mini beer shots chilling in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. These shots taste best using chilled ingredients!
What Does Licor 43 Taste Like
Licor 43 has citrus, sweet, and floral flavors in it. There are also notes of vanilla in this liqueur, which gives this shot the boozy vanilla milkshake flavor. Since this liqueur is so sweet, a little goes a long way and one or two shots will probably be enough for you to get your fix.
Other Layered Shot Recipes
If you make these mini beers shots or any of our other recipes, leave a comment! We love hearing from you!
Mini Beer Shot
- 1 1/2 ounces Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- Fill a shot glass with the Licor 43.
- Float the heavy cream on top of the Licor 43 using the back of a spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!