The Duck Fart Shot is a layered shot made with three ingredients. Flavors of creamy Bailey’s, rich coffee, and warm whiskey combine in this highly requested shot recipe.
While the name isn’t the most appetizing, the shot is quite delicious. The creamy, rich layers of three different liquors, each with different densities, make this shot highly requested. The layered presentation and flavor of this trifecta are sure to impress your guests.
Duck Fart Shot Recipe
The Duck Fart Shot is composed of equal parts of three ingredients:
- Kahlua. A coffee-flavored liqueur.
- Bailey’s. An Irish cream liqueur flavored with cocoa and Irish whiskey. It also stars in the Baileys Martini.
- Whiskey. See below on what whiskey we recommend for a Duck Fart Shot.
What kind of whiskey is best?
Crown Royal or Knobb Creek are the best whiskeys for Duck Fart, but any whiskey will do. The key is to find something that you enjoy the flavor of.
What’s the difference between a B 52 and a Duck Fart?
Both a B-52 and Duck Fart are layered shots made with Kahlua and Bailey’s. The difference lies in the third liquor: a B-52 contains Grand Marnier (orange flavored liqueur) while a Duck Fart uses whiskey.
How to Make a Duck Fart
- Pour your Kahlua into a shot glass.
- Add Bailey’s Irish Cream to the shot glass by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon.
- Layer the whiskey on top of the Bailey’s by pouring it over the back of a spoon into the glass.
- Drink and enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve your Duck Fart drinks in shot glasses immediately after preparing. A two-ounce shot glass will hold all of the ingredients.
The Duck Fart Shot, also known as the Alaskan Duck Fart Shot, was created in Alaska and is said to have had its unique name ever since. While the story of why exactly is up for debate, we can all agree that it’s memorable.
Nope! They are two different liqueurs. Bailey’s is an Irish cream made with Irish whiskey, making it more creamy with notes of chocolate. Kahlua is a coffee-flavored liqueur made with coffee beans and rum.
Yes, though very little. A shot of Kahlua will have less than 10mg of caffeine compared to an 8 oz brewed coffee that can have close to 200 mg.
Other Shot Recipes
Duck Fart Shot
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- 1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounce Whiskey
- Pour the Kahlua into a shot glass.
- Layer with a spoon the Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Again using a spoon layer the Whiskey on top of the Bailey's.
- Shoot and enjoy.