The B-52 is a shot with creamy, rich layers made with Baileys, Grand Marnier, and Kahlua. Rather than mixing, the liqueurs are poured strategically to layer which creates a drink that is appealing to the eye and your taste buds. The combination of coffee liqueur, Irish cream, and orange makes it go down smooth.
The ingredients layer because of their difference in density, talk about a yummy adult science lesson! The pairing of coffee cream and sweet orange is hard to resist.
B-52 Cocktail Ingredients
The three ingredients needed for a B-52 shot are coffee liqueur like Kahlua, Baileys Irish Cream, and Grand Marnier, an orange-flavored liqueur. You will need just shy of an ounce of each liqueur for one shot. They compliment each other so well in this recipe and are sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
How to Make a B-52 Cocktail
The secret to the layered effect? The back of a spoon! By pouring each ingredient over the back of a spoon into the glass, they will each float in even layers.
- Pour Kahlua into the shot glass first
- Gently pour Baileys over the back of a spoon into the glass next
- Lastly, carefully pour Grand Marnier over the back of the spoon to complete the trifecta
How to Serve
Serve your B-52 cocktail in a shot glass or small glass tumbler. Since the drink is not shaken or served over ice, it’s best to use chilled ingredients. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 2/3 ounce Kahlua
- 2/3 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 2/3 ounce Grand Marnier
- Add Kahlua to the shot glass first.
- Carefully add the Baileys next to the glass.
- Last add the Grand Marnier to the top of the shot glass.