This Baby Guinness Shot recipe looks like a tiny pint of Guinness and tastes so delicious. Kahlua and Bailey’s layer up for this boozy coffee shot.
Though this recipe does not actually contain the popular Guinness stout, this shot is an adorable miniature lookalike. Floating the Irish cream on top of coffee liqueur mimics the head of a Guinness stout, making this simple shooter a great shot for both presentation and flavor!
Baby Guinness Ingredients
Just two ingredients come together for this simple shot recipe. Here is a bit about each ingredient:
- Coffee liqueur: Kahlua is our go-to, also used to make our White Russian Float recipe. It gives the shot its coffee flavor.
- Irish Cream: Bailey’s, an Irish cream liqueur flavored with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey, is what we used for this recipe. Also a delicious ingredient in the decadent Baileys Espresso Martini.
How to Make Baby Guinness Shots
Quick and easy, this Guinness-lookalike shot comes together in a flash! This brief overview shows just how simple this shot is to make. See the full recipe at the bottom of this page for measurements.
- Pour Kahlua into the shot glass.
- Float Bailey’s Irish cream on top of the Kahlua by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Use the back of a spoon to float the Bailey’s on top of the coffee liqueur to look like the head of a Guinness stout.
- Make the shots in advance. If you are making a lot of these Baby Guinness Shots for a party, you can make them in advance to really take your time with floating the ingredients. Just keep your prepared shots on a baking sheet in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
- Use chilled Irish cream and coffee liqueur for the best flavor.
- Using a small bar spoon will help reduce spilling outside of the shot glass as you layer the ingredients.
Other Simple Shot Recipes
- Made with three simple ingredients (including the two in this recipe), this layered Duck Fart Shot is so popular!
- This Tootsie Roll Shot is candy in a shooter and is so easy to make.
- Coffee lovers unite over this delicious Mind Eraser Shot recipe.
If you try this Baby Guinness Shot or any of our other drink recipes, leave a comment and let us know. We love hearing from you!
Baby Guinness Shot
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlua
- 1/2 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Pour the Kahlua into a shot glass.
- Float the Bailey’s Irish Cream on top of the Kahlua using the back of a spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!