Watermelon is like the national fruit of summer or something. I’m pretty sure I just heard that on the news. Picnics, beach trips, pool parties, any warm weather occasion calls for thick slices of juicy red watermelon. For me though, I prefer my fruit with a side of booze. (Who doesn’t, really?) And that’s why this Watermelon Rum Punch will be on permanent rotation this summer.
This fruity rum punch recipe is the perfect cocktail to serve to a crowd. The juicy watermelon pairs beautifully with tart pineapple, lime juice and delicious white rum to create a tantalizing taste bud explosion! There are so many tropical flavors happening in this recipe, I promise it’ll be a huge hit. This Dole Whip with Rum and Strawberry Rum Punch are big party pleasers too.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE WATERMELON RUM PUNCH?
- For a huge batch of refreshing rum punch cocktail, start with ripe, juicy watermelon. You’ll need a few cups of watermelon chunks as well as watermelon juice.
- Pineapple chunks and pineapple juice. Try this Pina Colada Rum Punch if you love your pineapple drinks.
- For a tangy Caribbean rum punch flair, use a good amount of lime juice. Fresh squeezed or from a bottle, either one works well. This gorgeous Mermaid Water Rum Punch will take you to the tropics too.
- Grab a bottle of your favorite lemon-lime soda.
- And finally, some glorious white rum, also used in my classic Pina Colada recipe and this Bahamian Blaster Party Punch.
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON RUM PUNCH:
- For this rum punch recipe, you need some watermelon juice. Simply blend about four cups of watermelon in a blender, strain, and voila! Watermelon juice. Pour into a large pitcher along with two cups of watermelon chunks.
- Next, add a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks with the juice.
- Stir in a quarter cup of lime juice, two cups of lemon-lime soda and one cup of white rum.
- Chill the whole thing for about an hour before serving. You can use chilled watermelon to keep it cold, too.
Wishing you a summer full of friends, fun, and lots and lots of fruity cocktails!
Watermelon Rum Punch
- 2 cups watermelon juice see notes
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks and juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups lemon lime soda
- 1 cup white rum
- Combine all your ingredients and serve chill for an hour (or use chilled watermelon).
- Give the punch a good stir before serving.
Did You Make This
Watermelon Rum Punch
You’ll also love:
ashley @ wishes and dishes says
It is so warm out today and this is all i want! Sharing!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says
This looks fabulous – love rum punch!
Boyd Kobe says
Well, now I have plenty of ideas what to bring to a party I’m attending! These look great, thank you.