Looking for a festive drink to serve your guests this holiday season? This Cranberry Margarita is the perfect holiday solution. Made with cranberry juice, it is the classic margarita you know and love with a unique twist, and the perfect drink to kick off the holiday season!
If you love trying new margarita recipes, then you’re going to love the brilliant bright red color and delicious taste of this Christmas Margarita. It’s got all the character of the classic margarita, but a fun new look and a twist to the flavor! Make a big batch of this Christmas Margarita and soak in the oohs and ahhs of your guests as they enjoy every sip.
Cranberry Margarita Ingredients
This Christmas Margarita is made with easy-to-find ingredients and is great for making as a pitcher to enjoy with friends and family or just a glass to enjoy after a long day.
- Tequila– use a tequila that is 100% agave (blanco or reposado would also work well).
- Sweet and Sour Mix– our homemade version is super easy to make and doesn’t have the extra additives and sugars of a store-bought mix.
- Cranberry Juice-we recommend using 100% cranberry juice for this recipe.
- Pomegranate Liqueur (or pomegranate juice)- This is also known as PAMA.
- Triple Sec– an orange-flavored liqueur made from dried orange peels. Use your favorite brand like Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- Cranberries– You can use fresh or frozen. Optional, but takes your Christmas Margarita to a new festive level.
Sweet and Sour Mix
How to Make a Cranberry Margarita
If you’ve been wondering how to make cranberry margaritas, it’s easier than you think! Follow the instructions below to make one glass or a whole pitcher of this yummy margarita.
Making a Pitcher of Christmas Margaritas
- Mix together the tequila, cranberry juice, pomegranate liqueur, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix in a large pitcher and serve in glasses over ice.
Making One Christmas Margarita
- Pour the tequila, cranberry juice, pomegranate liqueur, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix into a glass over ice and stir gently.
Yes! They go together well and are a perfect combo for a holiday drink.
Triple sec (curaçao) is a type of orange liqueur that provides fruity flavors as well as sweet and bitter notes — which is essential for a delicious Margarita.
How to Serve Your Cranberry Margarita
If making one Cranberry Margarita, serve it in your favorite margarita glass. If you are making this margarita recipe for a crowd, then make a big batch in a pitcher and serve it in margarita glasses over ice. Feeling extra festive? Add a sugar or a golden sprinkle rim to your glass and serve with fresh cranberries.
To rim your glass, simply roll the rim in a shallow plate of corn syrup followed by rolling it in gold sprinkles. Prepare your glasses ahead of time to serve guests as they arrive.
Other Cranberry Cocktails You’ll Love
- Poinsettia Cocktail
- Cranberry Apple Whiskey Cocktail
- Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
- Vodka Cranberry
If margaritas are your go-to drink, be sure to check out our Best Margarita Recipe!
Pitcher (6 Margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 1/4 cup sweet and sour mix
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate liqueur (or pomegranate juice)
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- cranberries for serving
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 3/4 ounce pomegranate liqueur (or pomegranate juice)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- cranberries for serving
- Mix together the tequila, cranberry juice, pomegranate liqueur, triple sec and sweet and sour mix in a large pitcher and serve over ice.
- Pour the tequila, cranberry juice, pomegranate liqueur, triple sec and sweet and sour mix over ice and stir gently.