This champagne cocktail goes out to all of the Swifties. Inspired by Taylor Swift’s newest album, our Meet Me at Midnight Champagne Cocktail is perfect for sipping while listening to her songs or toasting at midnight on New Year’s Eve!
Meet Me at Midnight Champagne Cocktail is the drink to make your New Year’s Eve party the talk of the neighborhood. With its gorgeous dark purple color and sparkling sweet taste, it’s an invigorating cocktail that is stunning to look at and even better to drink.
This blue curaçao cocktail is made with simple ingredients that are easy to find and come together to make a delicious champagne cocktail.
- Blue Curaçao– an orange-flavored liqueur with a blue color, a deep purple hue is created when mixed with grenadine. It’s a great substitute for Triple Sec in cocktails.
- Grenadine– is traditionally made from pomegranate and is a commonly used nonalcoholic bar syrup. It possesses a sweet fruity flavor and is bright red in color.
- Champagne– we recommend using a Prosecco, but your favorite champagne or sparkling wine would also work. It doesn’t have to be a high-quality bottle, choose a bottle of champagne that you enjoy the flavor of.
- Corn Syrup– for rimming your glass with golden sprinkles.
- Gold Sprinkles: a festive touch to add to the rim of your champagne glass. See below for how to garnish your glasses with the sprinkles.
Best Champagne To Use
We recommend using a Prosecco like LaMarca for this cocktail. Prosecco is a sparkling white wine from the Veneto region of north-eastern Italy.
How To Make Meet Me at Midnight Champagne Cocktail
You’re going to love how easily this champagne cocktail comes together. Whether making a glass for yourself while dancing in the kitchen to T-Swift or making a bigger batch to celebrate NYE, you can make this cocktail in no time.
- Prepare your glasses. Place a thin layer of corn syrup on a small shallow plate. Roll the rim of your champagne glass in the syrup followed by dipping it in gold sprinkles.
- Combine ingrendients. Add your blue curaçao liqueur and grenadine to your glass
- Top with champagne. Fill the rest of the glass with champagne and enjoy!
Hosting a party? You can also make a big batch of this New Year’s Eve Champagne punch. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full recipes, including the measurements for both a single glass and for a punch. We recommend preparing your glasses ahead of time to save time once you are ready to serve.
They are very similar, but their distinction comes from where they originate. It can only be considered Champagne if it comes from the region of Champagne, France, while Prosecco is primarily made in the Veneto region, Italy.
How to Serve
Serve your Meet Me at Midnight Champagne Cocktail in a champagne glass. Since no ice is involved, use chilled ingredients and serve immediately to keep the drink cold. In order to keep the bubbles at their best fizz, we recommend opening your bottle of champagne to top the cocktails just before serving. Garnish with golden sprinkles and enjoy!
Meet Me at Midnight Champagne Cocktail
- .25 ounces blue curaçao liqueur (not syrup) .25 oz is 1/2 tbsp
- .25 ounces grenadine .25 oz is 1/2 tbsp
- 4 ounces champagne
- corn syrup
- gold sprinkles
Punch (6 Cocktails)
- 1.5 ounces blue curaçao liqueur (not syrup)
- 1.5 ounces grenadine
- 750 milliliters champagne
- To line the rims of your champagne glasses with gold sprinkles, lightly dip them in corn syrup and then dip them into the gold sprinkles.
- Combine all the ingredients, serve, and enjoy!