Summer is coming and the Bay Breeze is the perfect three ingredient drink that can serve one or a crowd. With vodka, cranberry juice, and a little pineapple, you get a tropical twist everyone loves.
In this cold and never ending winter a tropical drink is perfect for imagining sitting someplace warm, drink in hand, pretending it is a hot summer day at the beach with friends.
What is in a Bay Breeze
A Bay Breeze drink is made with three simple ingredients. With the addition of pineapple juice to vodka and cranberry, you could think of it as a tropical version of a Vodka Cranberry.
How to Make a Bay Breeze
The Bay Breeze only has three ingredients.
- Vodka – see recommendations below
- Pineapple Juice
- Cranberry Juice – We recommend using cranberry cocktail rather thanN 100% cranberry juice, which is very tart with no sweetness.
To make this drink have the beautiful layers you see pictured here, add vodka, then pineapple juice and finally cranberry juice to a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime and stir before enjoying.
For a pitcher, combine all the ingredients above and mix, pour over ice to serve.
So Easy To Upscale For a Group
This recipe is one part of each ingredient, so you can easily make this for yourself or a crowd with simple math.
- One drink – two ounces of each ingredient
- Four drinks – a cup of each ingredient
- Sixteen drinks – a quart of each ingredient or a liter bottle of vodka would be about 17 drinks
What Vodka Should I Use
Vodka has a wide variety of quality levels and price points. It is easy to find something good at each level. At the higher end we have Grey Goose and Belvedere. In the middle we like Tito’s. At the cheaper end we find Smirnoff and Kirkland’s vodka to be good and comparable in taste to high end vodka. Whatever your budget is there is a good vodka to be had.
Other Fun Drinks
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
WIth Beautiful Layers
- Add ice to a glass
- Pour in the vodka, then the pineapple juice, and finally the cranberry juices
- Garnish with a lime
- Stir before drinking
- Add ice, and ingredients to a shaker and shake.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the drink into the glass