The Buttery Nipple Shot is a smooth, decadent shooter with layered flavors of butterscotch and Irish cream. With only two ingredients, this drink is a creamy, sweet, and easy way to please a crowd in any season. Serve this shot after dinner as dessert or any time you have a hankering for something sweet!
While the name might feel silly to say, this is one shot recipe you don’t want to pass up. The layers of butterscotch and cream make these Butter Nipples, or Butterball shot, sweet like candy. The look of the shot is sure to catch the attention of any guest.
Buttery Nipple Ingredients
The Buttery Nipple recipe is composed of just two ingredients:
- Butterscotch Schnapps. A butterscotch-flavored liqueur.
- Irish Cream. Like Baileys, a creamy liqueur flavored with cream, Irish whiskey, and chocolate. It can also be found in this layered Duck Fart Shot.
How do you get the layered look of this shot?
The two types of liqueur have different gravities, making the lighter one float on top of the other. Pouring the ingredients over the back of a spoon into the shot glass in the proper order will help keep the layers separate in the glass.
How to Make a Buttery Nipple Shot
- Pour your Butterscotch Schnapps into a shot glass.
- Float the Irish Cream on top of the Schnapps by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon.
- Shoot and enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve your butterball shot in a two-ounce shot glass immediately after layering.
Buttery Nipple Shot ingredients include Irish Cream (for example, Bailey’s) and Butterscotch Schnapps.
Irish cream is smooth and velvety, with flavors of vanilla and sweet cream.
It depends on which brand you use, so always do your own research or make your own to make sure it is safe for a gluten sensitivity.
Other Shot Recipes
- 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce Irish Cream ex. Baileys
- Pour the schnapps into a shot glass.
- Carefully float the Irish cream on top of the schnapps.
- Drink and enjoy!
Leave A Comment