This unique prank shot recipe uses only two ingredients and will take your guests by surprise with its interesting texture. An unlikely duo of Irish cream and lime juice combine in this unforgettable Cement Mixer Shot.
The Cement Mixer Shot is one that your party guests will talk about for years to come because of the reaction many get after trying the shot. While the flavor combination of Irish cream and lime juice may seem strange, the taste of the shot isn’t the memorable part. This shot gets its name from the texture, making it feel like you are taking a shot of cement.
What is in a Cement Mixer Shot
Easy to remember, there are only two Cement Mixer Shot ingredients. Both are bar cart staples, so you may already have them ready to go.
- Irish cream liqueur: Baileys is our go-to, a favorite in our Oatmeal Cookie Shot recipe.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed is always preferred for a fresher taste, but store-bought would also work in this shot recipe.
How to Make a Cement Mixer Shot
This unique shot is easy to mix and is sure to make a statement. If you want to surprise your friends or prank someone for April Fools Day, this is the perfect shot to make.
- Pour Irish cream liqueur into the shot glass.
- Layer the lime juice into the shot glass by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Drink immediately. See more on the importance of this below.
You will want to take this shot immediately after mixing the ingredients. The chemical reaction between the lime juice and Irish cream works quickly to thicken the liquid in the shot. The longer you wait the more cement-like the shot will become, making it harder for the taker to get it down.
It is worth noting that the consistency of this shot can really take someone by surprise. If you have difficulty with food textures or a strong gag reflex, it may be wise to have a chaser nearby or try one of our other delicious shot recipes.
Other Delicious Shot Recipes
If you try these Cement Mixer Shots leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Cement Mixer Shot
- 1 ounce Irish cream liqueur
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- Pour the Irish cream liqueur into the shot glass.
- Layer the lime juice on top of the Irish cream liqueur carefully using a spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!
Leave A Comment