Three-ingredient RumChata Pudding Shots are the perfect creamy shooter for your next party or gathering. Cinnamon and vanilla flavors mixed with the creaminess of pudding make this simple shooter sweet and easy to enjoy.
Pudding shots are the new black. I mean the new jello shots. They are simple and delicious, making them the perfect addition to any barbeque, picnic, party, or gathering. As simple as mixing together the ingredients and chilling the pudding mixture in the refrigerator, these RumChata shooters come together with minimal prep work and can be made ahead of time. Best of all, the sweet dessert-like flavors are magical.
Pudding Shot Ingredients
- RumChata. A delicious blend of rum, spice, and cream. Also used in the decadent Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot.
- Milk. Any milk that you have on hand will work for this recipe. For a thicker pudding shot, use higher fat-content milk.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix. Make sure you grab instant pudding mix for this recipe to set quickly. Cook and serve pudding mix or pre-made pudding will not work as well.
How to Make RumChata Pudding Shots
These deliciously simple pudding shots are made in just three easy steps. For measurements, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Mix together the pudding mix, milk, and RumChata.
- Fill small shot cups with the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to shoot. Enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve these RumChata Pudding Shots in shot glasses after chilling in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Enjoy while chilled for the best results. Top with whipped cream and a little cinnamon for a sweet garnish.
How to Store Pudding Shots
Store your RumChata Pudding shots, covered, in the refrigerator for up to five days. If you need them to set up quickly, you can place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. If you would like to freeze pudding shots, store them in the freezer for up to one month and allow them to thaw in the refrigerator prior to serving. Add whipped topping just before serving.
Make RumChata Pudding Shots Ahead
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time since they need to chill in the refrigerator anyway. Cut down on the stress of hosting by making these the day before, so when your guests arrive you can pull them out of the fridge and get the party started! Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to five days. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon just before serving.
Variations for RumChata Pudding Shots
- Try instant chocolate pudding instead of instant vanilla for a flavor switch-up.
- Garnish with whipped cream for extra creamy deliciousness in this shot.
- For an extra spicy cinnamon kick, sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the shots just before serving.
- If cinnamon isn’t your thing, swap out the RumChata for an equal amount of Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur.
Other Dessert Cocktail Recipes
If you can’t pick between another cocktail and dessert, why choose? We are big fans of dessert drinks around here, and have so many great recipes to choose from! From frozen ice cream drinks to festive martinis, we have something for everyone. Here are a few favorites:
- Big fan of the delicious flavors of RumChata? Try this Cinnamon Roll Cocktail for more cinnamon goodness in cocktail form.
- For another delicious dessert adult beverage, make this tasty Frozen Mudslide recipe.
- This Pumpkin Spice Mudslide cocktail is creamy with just the right amount of spice.
If you make these RumChata Pudding Shots or any other Shake Drink Repeat recipes, leave a comment and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Rumchata Pudding Shots
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup RumChata
- In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mix, milk, and RumChata.
- Fill small shot cups with the mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.